Boolits in the mail

The 1 on the far rite is ICHs NOE 360180.

I`m thinkin of millin the gas check off my lee 310 mold , I think it`ll wind up at 265 grs. It would`nt be the first $20.00 bucks I threw away !!:eek:

102_0245.jpg

I'm gonna find out. I ordered the 300gr 44 and 45 molds today. I need to quit buying molds and start fine tuning loads with the ones I have. I cant help it. My names Ken and I'm a castaholic:D

458winshooter

In my particular molds,
the 44 casts at 305gr w/o gas check or lube.
the 45 casts at 308gr w/o gas check or lube.
Thats straight WW alloy. I'm guessing it would add about 3 gr or maybe 4 gr after drilling.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Maybe you boolit casters could form a sort of co-op. Everybody list what moulds you have. If somebody wants to try out a few boolits before buying the mould just send the right fella a pm and pay shipping.

DiscoRacing said:
Actually.... I spent all day today resizing/trimming/polishing... aprox 300 rds of the 7,000 of .223 brass that I have....... I love my reloading hobby!!!
If you have 7,000 cases to prep, you should take a hard look at the Giraud Case Trimmer. It is spendy. but it would rip through those 7,000 in an afternoon.

Remember this thread

I am wanting some heavies in 357 to experiment with.180's or 200's if anybody has a mold for them.A Kieth 170 will do also.

458W, the heaviest .357 I have is a 168 Lyman mold, it's a keith SWC. If you'd want to try some, send me a PM with your snail mail addy, I'm sure I have some sized to .358 and ready to go. They drop @ 170+ and sized a bit more, maybe 171.

458winshooter said:
I am wanting some heavies in 357 to experiment with.180's or 200's if anybody has a mold for them.A Kieth 170 will do also

I've got a 180 grain Ranch Dog mold for the .35 Remington, but I've never used it in that cartridge, preferring to use it in the .357 magnum. Pushed to 1190 in my Model 28, that same load moves at 1600 out of my Marlin 1894C. It's a great fun bullet with plenty of energy.

Ranch Dog mold

Paw-Paw is that a tumble lube with a gascheck?C-360-180-RNFP or something to that effect?I have seen someone on another forum say good things about it if it is.

Like this.... ? http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371328

I need to update my list because I think I have ONE of the original molds I listed. I go through molds like I do women. -ICH

Understood. Rather spend my quality time w/ guns & dogs anyways. Here's what I cast for these days, if you're curious about what I'm playing with send me a PM. All you'll owe me is feedback.
You'll have to go to the other thread for pics & stuff.

I have been thinking about getting the lee .311 in 93 or 100 grain I’m going to be loading for a tokarev only cast one barrel so far .308 with a caliper need to get a micrometer then will cast the rest or should I be thinking about using the .309?

Ronz, I have this mold for casting for my CZ-52 in the 7.62x25. I size them to .308, they seem to shoot quite well.

90301---311-100-2R. If you'd like to try some, I could send you what I have cast up to try out before buying the mold. Or I could cast some, then leave them unsized/un-lubed for you to size to whatever you need. I also have .309, .310, and .311 sizers, if you need them sized AND lubed.

Thanks snuffy
I’m putting in my order with a couple of people now so wouldn’t have a chance to try them before the order goes out (yep penny wise and pound foolish) I was planning on getting the 93gr and .309 sizer so may take you up on it later to see if I need a different sizer

Would like to try tumble lube bullets for a 45 acp

Would like to find what my 45 Springfield likes before I get a mould for it will be using it to shoot on bullseye league so probably going to go with a wad cutter design just hope I can get the accuracy I want using a tl bullet
Haven’t slugged it but have been shooting different commercial cast (.452) for 20+ years and never had any leading

I have if anyone wants to try
lee 311-93-1r with a .309 sizer
lee 356-120-tc with a.357 sizer
rcbs 38-090-rn with a.357 sizer

Back