Bolt rifles in 7.62x39?

[RE]

Anyone know if there is a real aftermarket for the CZ 527? I figured they'd have some different options listed on CZ's website but unfortunately, no.

Thanks,

-Cav19D

I have a Zastava M85 with a 20" barrel. Comes with iron sights and I put a Leupold 4x scope on see-thru rings on it. Great rifle. Pretty accurate and great handling. Going to use it on hogs later this summer.

Anyone know if there is a real aftermarket for the CZ 527

A little, not much. NECG peep sight, Weaver rail. Really the gun is amazing as-is, fully adjustable trigger. I liked mine so much it now has a twin in 223.

I cast the Lee 155gr for mine, Reloder 7 or 4895. A few guys have achieved sub MOA with theirs but I never scoped it to find out. I like the way it handles as-is.

+1 on the Howa Mini. The catalog shows lightweights and standards with a variety of stock choices (colors/camo). I haven't checked the online sources but they should be available soon if not now.

BTW, if I recall correctly, the CZ has proprietary scope rings. If you buy a used one make sure you get the rings and there are no stripped holes.

About 30 years ago in the mid to late 80s, some Type 38 Japanese Arisaka carbines were dumped on the surplus market that were converted to 7.62x39 by either the Chinese or Vietnamese depending on which story you believe. Once in a great while they come up for sale. I would say that would be quite the conversation piece at the local range.

What is the general consensus on the CZ 527? Reliability, accuracy, range?

I would say the general consensus is somewhat like this:

Reliability: Excellent, it's a CZ bolt action rifle.
Accuracy: Limited by the ammunition you feed it. Quality handloads or good brass cased hunting ammunition will group much better than steel cased FMJ.
Range: For hunting deer size game, it does pretty much everything a 30-30 does. For target shooting, the limit would be in your ability to shoot at distance and read wind.

I hope this is helpful.

Jimro

[RE Jimro]

Yes, that essentially sealed the deal for me on this rifle. I intend to purchase it next chance I get. Thank you for the helpful reply!

-Cav19D

:D أنا لست إرهابيا

[RE flyer898]

I hear that Zastava makes a "Mini-Mauser" in 7.62x39 left hand, but most vendors seem to be out of stock. If you can find one, I'd love to hear what you think about it.

-Cav19D

Made an hour trip to go to some gun stores today and Cabela's had a CZ 527 in 7.62X39 that I got to fondle a little bit. Very sweet rifle. Handled great, very short and easy to shoulder. Now seriously thinking about one for a project rifle

Back