Bolt disassembly

Just another reason to own a model 70 Winchester.
Nah.
I can get the same thing without paying for the name.

I just have to replace "Winchester" with "Interarms" and a sea of imported long-action commercial Mausers appear before me for less than half of what a Win M70 will run.

Old Model 70s were good rifles. But, today, they're overpriced.

Unlike James K, I can and do take Savage bolts apart and get them back together successfully. Its not that big a deal and I give full credit to the 1917 bolts as dead nuts easy.

You don't have to take the Savage down any further than the firing pin, U Tubes on that or get the ADI DVD (always good, teaches you how to change barrels as well as trigger disassembly, its on my shopping list)

1903 bolt not so much but can be done.

I take new bolts apart and clean them and lube them.

I take old bolts apart and clean them and lube them.

As I am no longer hunting and always have at least two rifle with me (usually more) at a range session, so not worried about a lot of maint.

Hunting, yep, probably should do it each year.

I hunted for 20 years and never took my hunting gun bolt apart, I would have been a very unhappy person if it had failed. Bad on me.

RC20
I forgot to mention the DVD's l order one for every firearm , from Colt 45 acp to Remington 700 complete tare down to maintenance. Good advice RC20 . I order from AGI American Gunsmithing Institute , great help in knowing firearm inside & out.

Back