Blued , wipe down oil for long term storage ???

Ive been using Eezox for rust prevention for a number of years now. Seems to work really well.

I have a couple of guns, a lot of reloading equipment and other tools in a basement that needs a dehumidifier running non stop and things that arent treated still rust. That all stopped when I started using Eezox.

I just spray a rag with it and use that to wipe things down, and all is good.

I dont keep any guns in cases, holsters, or socks, etc either. Ive done so in the very distant past, and it was a lesson learned not to do it.

That’s why I said if it weren’t for .... makes a difference. Environmentally San Diego is one of the finest places on earth . I didn’t have much choice about living here , I was born here . In fact I’m a third-generation native San Diegan which makes my grandchildren fifth generation native San Diegan , You don’t see that too much here if at all . The interesting thing about that is most natives groups of friends are also natives . You rarely see a group of transplant friends with one native in the middle you might get it the other way around but us native stick together and there ain’t many of us .

My vote and recommendation is RIG grease. I stored a Remington 760 Gamemaster deluxe for some 5+ years in a plain nothing special rifle case and when I removed the rifle it looked like the day I put it in the case.

I've been using plain old Break Free CLP for 43+ years and keep about half my guns in plastic cases, oiled up pretty well with silica packets ( I have a couple hundred BIG ones) and have never had a speck of rust. I take them out and wipe them down 2X a year, in the fall and spring, and anytime they are handled.

Back