Blazers: DEFECTIVE!

I have shot a lot of blazer over the years

And only recently had some "issues" with bullet set back in 45acp

You should at least visually inspect any ammo

Stephen,

I second that as well. I went to Circuit City to buy a Sony Wega but when comparing them side by side to a Samsung........ I paid $50 more for the Samsung.

How many people here love CZ 75s? They were considered cheap and good guns. How many people loved glocks when they came out? They were down there as well.

There is still merit to getting what you pay for, but there are extremes.
I happen to be a computer guy, myself. I don't buy intel for many things for a reason. They are the big name....... ask me why I don't. :)

But when it comes to ammo, I will listen to you guys :). There are more important things than saving $2 on this box over that box.

I can think of 10 off the top of my head (fingers).

One quick question... Why are you using LRN bullets in the first place? LRN is Lead Round Nose right? If not, I'm sorry. First of all, you get much more fouling with lead bullets. Second, you are breathing in much more lead than FMJ bullets. FMJ bullets are a little more expensive but the long term health benefits are worth it. I'm just hoping to find some good deals on the TMJ bullets with the primers that aren't bad for you.

and buy large quantities when I find good ammo such as Winchester White Box or UMC.

That's a first. Usually UMC and WWB gets dogged really bad. I find Blazer Brass to be cleaner than either of those... :confused:

Trip20,

According to folks at my range, the aluminum Blazers seem to cause problems in some semi-auto's. The range workers got tired of fixing customers guns when they jammed, so they say. Seems silly to me to ban this ammo if it only has problems in semi-auto's. They now have a ban on S&B ammo. I just put my S&B in other boxes now. :p

stevelyn,

Yes, that could be an issue too. They may not want to sort out the aluminum.
However, they do let us retrieve our own brass. ;)

I am curious. How many of you that use a lot of aluminum cased ammo, won't use an aluminum cleaning rod?

One quick question... Why are you using LRN bullets in the first place? LRN is Lead Round Nose right? If not, I'm sorry. First of all, you get much more fouling with lead bullets. Second, you are breathing in much more lead than FMJ bullets. FMJ bullets are a little more expensive but the long term health benefits are worth it. I'm just hoping to find some good deals on the TMJ bullets with the primers that aren't bad for you.

Yes, LRN is Lead Round Nose. I use them because they are cheaper. As for health concerns, I usually shoot at an outdoor range during the week. At home on the weekend, I use an indoor range that doesn't allow pure lead bullets. THe only other indoor range I use is one in North Louisiana that allows Lead Round Nose (and they have a vent to suck all the smoke and gas out of the air)

Back