BladeTech Quality Control

Follow Up:
Victor emailed me this morning that the replacement Wave sheath has been sent out Second Day air. Earlier charges have been reversed pending acceptance of the new order.

I certainly couldn't ask for more than that!
Rich

Rich,
About 3 months ago, I ordered a Blade-Tech IWB for my 1911. Received same but didn't like the inner "tab" that extended so high, so I trimmed it off with a box cutter and dressed the edge with a file. It rides fine. Now to the interesting part.
Two weekends ago, I e-mailed them asking if their single mag pouch & 6P/Z pouch were available with clip-on retention, or if they could make me some, and if so, how much $$? I waited for a reply. None. This past Tuesday, I recieved in the mail a single mag pouch, standard, (thread through belt loop) from them, along with an invoice and a copy of a reciept charged to my credit card!!!!! Now, I have found a way to make this work as I desired, so I'm keeping it, but I don't think I'm going to deal with them anymore. I didn't ask them to send anything other than info, & I damn well don't appreciate them charging an item to me without my prior authorization (card is a credit/debit card with my checking account-that could have caused major problems for me.) I will probably be looking into KyTac & Mad Dog for future product purchases.

Frankly, I don't think it's very "Christian" of TW to charge a customer for something he didn't order.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

********Edit********

I used to be on AOL, and Tim Wegner was on there too. You might be able to reach him with his personal e-mail if you send it to some version of his name "@aol.com". If I remember correctly (BIG if), it was TWegner.

[This message has been edited by 45King (edited June 18, 1999).]

If it is not just what you wanted - and you didn't order it. Call your bank - dispute the charge - send the thing back with a detailed explanation.

Even if you liked it - unless you REALLY liked it - send it back. It's a principles thing.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Kodiac,
I think I'm going to keep it. While it doesn't LOOK like what I wanted, it accomplishes what I wanted done. The pouch is a single molding, with the belt loop tab held to the body by a philips head screw located on the front side of the pouch, screwing into a rivet on the back side. There is a rubber O ring between the two sides of the pouch itself. This setup allows for tension adjustment. I removed the screw, rivet, and O ring; the retention of the mag is still acceptable, and the pouch can now be slipped on and off the belt at will.
I'm going to e-mail them a letter today expressing my displeasure with their business practices, and informing them that I will no longer be a customer of theirs. SOMEBODY there reads the e-mail.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Shrike-
The end result was that the sheath arrived but was still only marginal in terms of fit and finish. Given Victor's attention, I wasn't going to volunteer that info, unless asked.

My main gripe with BT is the wide range of qyuality I've found in their products. While I do like the split belt loop design of their holsters, I prefer the Mad Dog Gun Glove for kydex. (Our links section). However, be aware that holsters are a highly personal item.

Let me know what you're looking for from BT and I'll see if I have a loaner lying around.
Rich

Thanks for the offer but I've gone and ordered a complete Concealex belt rig from Pro-Style who came highley recommended. From what I've been told the Concealex is better materal than Kydex and overall the quality and color is much better but at the same price (black or od green) We shall see what the gear is like when it arrives, and there is a BlackHawk CQB belt anxiously awating it's new presents
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Shrike9 (edited June 19, 1999).]

Back