Beware gunbroker website

Lhigginsqrb

I ordered about $2000 worth of stuff from GunBroker recently. I’ve received the items so no complaints there. One of the sellers said I didn’t pay him for a $40 order and they banned my account. I’ve disputed it. I paid him and he sent me the stuff.

The issue I have with the website is that their customer service is garbage and fully automated. Right now because of the ban I can’t even view my order history to verify that all the items I bought have been shipped to me. I happen to remember everything very well but I see no reason for the website to block my order history.

In conclusion I wont be buying anything else from them and I advise caution to anyone considering using them.

I absolutely despise GunBroker. Had a similar issue. They even removed my negative feedback of the jerk. If how they treated me made sure I never went back, the fact they removed negative feedback was a huge red flag

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have over 100 transactions buying and selling on Gunbroker. Other than a couple strained communications, all resolved, I never had a problem. There is always some risk in dealing online, but Gunbroker is a good resource.

Always reminds me of Paypal. No shortage of complaints, but also no shortage of satisfied users if you ask.

I've bought a lot of stuff on gunbroker. Never had a problem. If you have the invoice email them a copy.

In conclusion I wont be buying anything else from them and I advise caution to anyone considering using them.
I wish that would have been your opening sentence. Would have saved me some reading. ;)

Never had a problem with gunbroker.

It's not like they just ban you on a whim. What exactly did you do? Not pay? Be honest.

Always bought from the highest rated sellers, never had an issue

But of course there are scam artists everywhere.

I not only look for the highest rated sellers, but those who have a storefront also, you can also check their FB page reviews.

Bought a nickle plated Model 10 once, looked great until I took off the grips the entire grip frame was covered in rust and actually breaking away in pieces

It was well covered by the oversized grips. the seller was very reasonable. I doubt they had the time to inspect the gun probably a trade in

I have over 100 transactions buying and selling on Gunbroker. Other than a couple strained communications, all resolved, I never had a problem. There is always some risk in dealing online, but Gunbroker is a good resource.

Same here. GB is my go-to... and has been for many years.

For those of you guys who say you never had a problem. Be patient and just wait until you have a problem. After that, please update your response with your satisfaction with gunbrokers customer service department.

For those of you guys who say you never had a problem. Be patient and just wait until you have a problem. After that, please update your response with your satisfaction with gunbrokers customer service department.
I've been patient for 8+ years. Still waiting to have a problem. I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Moderators, is this thread in the wrong forum? It really has nothing to do with reloading. Do we have a vendor complaint forum?

I have used gunbroker many times over the years to buy firearms. Never had a problem. I'm glad that we have gunbroker. Because, it's been decades since you could buy firearms on Ebay.

When someone comes up with a better alternative to Gunborker, then I'll consider using it.

I’ve used GB off and on since 2010 or so. I’ve bought and sold numerous things, including firearms, ammo, and accessories. I’ve never had an issue with GB. I’m with Skans. I’m glad we have GB. Enjoy it before big tech refuses to sell server space to them.

I always talk on the telephone to people before buying. My stuff I sell is always better than described and shown. I’ve met some good people.

If anyone sounds the least bit shady after a 15 minute chat, I walk away. I don’t need trouble. I am not selling or buying but every few years, I am not a dealer.

Just a heads-up on one scam you need to be aware of if you talk on the phone with a seller: A lot of folks selling in the Facebook Marketplace or other online buy/sell/trade forums, say they will have a seller or a buyer who claims to want to confirm they are real, and ask for their cell phone number. Then, they say, because there is so much phone number forging, they want to message a code to you and for you to read them that code over the phone.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE CODE!

What they have actually done is apply for a Google phone number using your cell phone. The code is actually coming from Google to verify you are who you say you are. It is not coming from the caller. If you give the code to the caller, they then use it to authenticate themselves to Google as being you. Google then gives them the new phone number that is in your name. They use that number for various scams, but because it is linked to you, they cannot be traced to it.

This scam has exploded apparently in response to people signing on to the new FCC STIR/SHAKEN caller ID authentication system to help block Robocallers and others using forged caller IDs. So the scammers have to get their hands on real phone numbers with a real person's caller ID that is authenticated by the system. They want to stay hidden, so they impersonate you while they run their scam, and when the person they are scamming reports the number, if anyone gets into trouble it is you.

One characteristic reported repeatedly is that these callers get incensed and belligerent when you refuse to give them the code. I guess that must work with some people. It may also be true only of some individuals running the scam, but there seems to be a network (perhaps on the Dark Web?) of uniform system training for scammers, which is why you see so many beggars using the exact same approach. Anyway, stay safe out there.

The Google Voice scam has been going on since at least 2017. Was common on Craigslist and they have warnings on their site. The scammers just keep spreading their reach..

Used GB several times. nly issue was getting sucked into the bidding clock getting reset 15 minutes when a higher bid comes in and the clock extends. That one cost me. No resolve despite my complaints. Lived and learned.

Outside of that no complaints. Bought new, hard to find guns for less than I could've bought locally - or they could't even get them. Watch the fees, be patient, good deal to be had.

I agree, seems more to the story that the OP left out.

Back