BEWARE...CASCADE ammo hosed me

FTL

I sent Cascade ammo a money order for some '06 ammo more than 45 days ago and have been repeatedly lied to ever since about when my order would ship.

Today I called again and the "Customer Service Rep" refused to allow me to speak with a manager. After asking again, she hung up on me. When I finally got through again I was immediately hung up on again.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE SCREWED MORE PEOPLE THAN JUST ME. I HAVE EMAILS FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE ALSO BEEN HOSED.

Can you give us contact information?

No company that fronts like that should stay in business - Governments too for that matter...

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

You have my sympathy from being hosed by these dirtball ammo dealers. I stay away from ordering through the mails for ammo. I dont trust these anoyomous(sp) people who get your name on a list of people who buy Large Amounts of Ammo. Go to a gun show, get all the ammo you need, drag it out, and say to yourself: Ha, you dont have me on any list! I will bet you a dollar to a donut the Feds are checking large ammo buys right now. Am i paranoid? maybe. But better to be paranoid in 1999 Amerika. Good luck,at anyrate, on getting your money back for these dirtbags.

On the other hand you might not have the luxury of gun shows often enough. Lists, ok, but it doesn't take that long to shoot up 1000 rounds. 3 or 4 times at the range.

I too used cascade once. Never again. Didn't have the stuff in stock and didn't bother to tell me. Two weeks later I found out it would be another month for their advertised .223. Try the Ammoman. I've bought some surplus British .308 Nato from him lately. Shipped as promised (had it in 7 days UPS ground)confirmed by e-mail. Very prompt responses to e-mails. No charge for the shipping either. $89 for 400 rounds in nice little plastic 50 round holders in a 50 cal ammo can. $86 for 2 or more. Don't know how his other prices compare, but with free shipping...www.ammoman.com

FTL: Sorry to hear about that...I can personally recommend Georgia Arms. Their product is outstanding, prices fair and their staff professional and knowledgable. Take a look at their site at www.georgia-arms.com

Good luck!
Mike

Ammo via the mail or over the phone:

Cole's Distributing

Georgia Arms

Hawksview

Also, USE YOUR VISA OR MASTERCHARGE AND WHEN YOU GET SCREWED, TURN IT OVER TO THEM TO FIX!!!!

"Nuff said!!!

Albin

Another solution I've used in the past is to go through your regular gunsmith and have him order it for you. My gunsmith has supplied me with various kinds of Federal ammo as it is rather scarce in my area.

- Anthony

I also ordered from them once, and got my stuff in about two to three weeks. My second order was early this past May. Since then I have received partial shipments of my order here and there. The rest is claimed to be on backorder. I still, as of today, haven't gotten all of what I ordered in May.

I tried calling both of their phone numbers yesterday that are listed on my mailings, an 800 number and a local number. Both were said to be disconnected.

Something stinks there, and I don't like it.

Ivan-
Since the BATmen usually hang out a gunshows, I would expect it to be common practice for them to write down plate numbers of those "carting" large amounts of ammunition off. Certainly this is as easy, and lower profile, than muscling every seller to provide purchaser lists.

Face it...these are dangerous political times. We may be politically incorrect, but we're hardly doing anything illegal...yet. If someone choses to make us criminals by the retrospective stroke of a pen, so be it. Personally, I'm tired of worrying about the "appearance" of my legal purchase.
Rich

I had a very bad experience with Cascade Arms also and would never do business with them again. After waiting many weeks for an order, I called them and was told they had no idea when they would get around to filling my order. I did the logical thing and cancelled my order. No shipping and handling charge means little if they never get around to shipping and handling your order and can't tell you when, if ever, they will ship it.
I want to add that my experience with Georgia Arms and Natchez has been good. I don't worry about "big brother" seeing my orders for thousand or so rounds because I've been ordering those quantities for years. It appears the rumors of hoarding ammo for Y2K are probably true, though, because I used to get 1000 rounds of 308 ammo on a regular basis from GA in a week or ten days but last month I was told there would be a 4 - 6 week delay in shipping. It has now been 5 weeks and no ammo yet. The price went up almost 10% also, but that might be due to unrelated circumstances. Meanwhile, I've had to cut back on shooting my M1A - RATS!!! :(

------------------
OJ
NRA LIFE MEMBER

[This message has been edited by OJ (edited August 12, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by OJ (edited August 12, 1999).]

Phone numbers disconected are never good signs. Hope all works out well.
Rob

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------

whose money order did you use?possibly they can help you get it back. if your order went through the mail, in response to a catalog they mailed you, post office might be interested in mail fraud.. who knows??

I have been told by someone in the industry that cascade ammo is out of business. The phones are turned off. They were dumping ammo at give away prices to get some cash. I hate it when anyone in guns or ammo gets cheated and I hate it when gun business's go broke, but it happens.

So what recourse does someone have when they've got your money but you don't have what you paid for?

No flame intended, but I have had very good dealings with cascade-ammo. Ordered one case of ammo as a test everything went fine, so I ordered more with out a hitch.
Personally I have had some trouble with classic arms-ammo run around, parts either back ordered or wrong item shipped etc.
Had good luck with Cheaper than dirt also.

Shane

------------------
No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting
up with her shit.

If you have to pay mail orders with money orders it is always a good idea to use USPS
Money Orders, this will be easier to prove mail fraud. Gun Shows are a good way to buy bulk ammo if you have time to go. As for your name going on a list of "Bulk Ammo Buyer" Cheaper Than Dirt doesn't allow that.

------------------
The Night Guy at:
Cheaper Than Dirt Inc.
www.cheaperthandirt.com

Back