Best way to sell low-value guns

Before I'd take next to nothing for them, I'd find a deserving young kid and give the 10/22 to them. I don't know what else you have but I believe I could find them a home where they would be loved.

Been there and dun-dat

Before I'd take next to nothing for them, I'd find a deserving young kid and give the 10/22 to them.
I've done the same thing and the problem is that I'm running out of kids. :eek:

Before I give them to a kid or anyone, I ask the parents/wive's, permission. ,, ;)

Be Safe !!!

If you don't want the risk of dealing with strangers, you have to pay someone to do it for you. If you want to have the full value of the merchandise, you have to get rid of the middle man. But you can't have both.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In my area, aside from LGS or pawn shops, we have a very reliable auction house that will take guns on consignment. They will take individual guns or whole collections. It ain't cheap but they do all the hard work such as advertising and all the legal requirements in selling a firearm. Several times per year they have a firearms only auction so your gun is not put for sale next to someone's unwanted coffee pot.

Bottom line

If you don't want the risk of dealing with strangers, you have to pay someone to do it for you. If you want to have the full value of the merchandise, you have to get rid of the middle man. But you can't have both.

Yes and it does really come down to that. A few years back, a shooting buddy passed and his wife had an appraiser review the "very" large collection. She then invited folks to come in and put a bid on what they wanted. I suspect;) she did quite well but this is the exception and not the rule ..... :cool:

Be Safe !!!

expect to get half of what they sell for new.
Probably not. You will likely get 1/2 of resale value. I offer people 60% of resale value when I buy guns of known value.
Pawn shops typically offer very low money for guns, they make their money on loan interest and get a lot of guns for essentially dimes on the dollar when people forfeit them. Their asking resale prices are almost always too high, but since they get the guns so cheaply they are often more than willing to consider cash offers unless they think they have something special.
Gun shops would rather sell you a new gun, so if they take trades you may get a fair offer on your trade-ins.

Back