Best value in .45 ACP semi-automatic pistols?

.45 USP, compact or full sized, stainless or not. Greatest polymer guns ever. Kimber Pro Carry SLE. 750 NIB. Don't forget the Witness. I hear they have bad customer service, but I never had to send mine in.

Hey warm bore just saw the topic.

I am very pleased with the Daly. My first experience shooting a 1911 was Warm Bore's Kimber. I knew that the 1911 would get to my collection some day. Money is really no limiting factor for me, so I would not mind paying the extra $200 or $300 dollars for a comperable 1911 if it was warranted. So far, the Chuck Daly is floating my boat. The FTF's that we had at the range were because I fully loaded the 8 rounds mags. We lightened the factory mags to 7 rounds and presto! I know that the USA magazines that we tried did not lock the slide back when the magazine was empty on the CD, but the Kimber did not lock back either.

In my opinion, I made a great choice in 1911.

the best value: price, accuracy, reliability, durability and ergonomics - this has got to be the ruger 97...its big and tough because it was originally designed to handle the pressure and battering of the 10MM round

i like the EAA witness design because of the option of condition 1 carry and the lower bore line in relation to the shooting hand.

CZ-97B is in $460-480 price range, not $350-400. It's perfectly designed .45, and quality of manufacturing is very good. DA/SA trigger and accuracy is excellent, at ;east the one I own proves that. I think it may be the best all around general purpose pistol in .45 ACP. If it were under $350, it would be also the best value, but I guess Ruger should be given #1 as the best value.

The new Colt 1991A1. Colt has superior steel, they seem to be back up to older and better quality standards as well. Get the stainless and you'll have a gun for your grand-kids.

Izzy,

Do you want to rethink this? Do you have any bona fides?

PigPen

Guys I vote the best value is Ruger P-97 ($380 out the door) as far as new guns go.
I got a para ord P-13(4 1/4" barrel) and it is about the same size but $600, the P-97 is corrosion resistance and reliable.
It would be nice if ruger will shorten and thinned the grip some.
Ruger are you listening!!!

The SIG Sauer P220. I haven't had a single malfunction in over 2400 rounds with this pistol. Also, as I already owned a P226, I didn't have to buy another holster to carry it.

Best Value, to me that's not the cheapest

Since were talking about value, to me meaning good bang for the buck, great function, great satisfaction, and great resale, I'd have to pick a Wilson CQB or a Les Baer TRS or PII. They cost more but I consider them great bang for the buck. The Wilson or Baer are semi-custom production shops that make a fine pistol. They are accurate, reliable, good looking, and a great value. Some might disagree, but give them time, I think in time most of us gravitate towards great things. Everyone needs a great .45, you deserve it.

The next step up in value would be a 1911 .45 from a big name one man shop, truely something you'll hand down from generation to generation.

Good day

Brad

For value, my vote goes to the CZ-97B. Haven't tried the Ruger P97, but with all the votes it's getting, I will.

I'd consider the RUger P-97 as the best bang for the buck as far as .45s go. Also worth a look are the Firestorm 1911 clones...a lot of decent gun for the money, and they usually run $300-ish. Finally, there's the EAA Witness, which is a CZ-75 clone made by Tanfoglio in Italy...that one comes in all major pistol calibers, including .45 ACP.

i have a bottom of the line kimber (stainless custom classic with adjustable sights) that ranks as the best value in my .45 ACP collection. the gun is quite accurate, happens to have an excellent trigger (some folks say that varies on kimbers), and it works all the time.

Gotta define "value" first

For me, that doesn't mean "least expensive", as someone else also stated. It means good return for the money invested.

I haven't shot the CZ-97B, but if it's anything like its brethren then it has to be at or near the top of the list. I have shot the Ruger P90 and P97, and think highly of them as well. If you're looking to buy the budget model, get the Ruger.

All that being said, I own a Glock 21 and have been nothing but happy with my choice. I've got probably 2000 rounds or so through it with nary a hiccup. And accuracy has been much better than simply "acceptable". And I suspect that I'll still be shooting that pistol when a lot of others have been retired.

Kimber Custom Classic Royal. High polished sides, shoots like a dream. Paid $550 almost 3 years ago. Best gun ive ever shot.

Ruger P97: there it is. :)

Kimber basic Classic Custom: the blued model would make a great base 1911 for custom work down the road.

Springfield full-size 'loaded' PX9151: this is the fixed-sight model in stainless.

- gabe

Back