Best Used handgun

OP if you are looking for a HD gun get a 4 inch bbl. Smith&Wesson model 686 or 66 in .357 mag. For a CCW gun the S&W 60 or other J-frame is a good choice. YMMV. Good luck in your search. tom. :cool:

I agree with others about one of the Ruger six series of revolvers, plenty of punch and can shoot 357 mag and .38 spl which is always a plus.

I second the idea of the Ruger P-series for a semi-auto. .45 acp for a more power or 9x19mm for more firepower. They can be had for well under $500 which leaves money for ammo and other things.

I must say that I answered the OP based on getting the most gun at $500. There are many handguns, like used Ruger P89s, that are well under $500 and are nice guns. Paying $500 for a P89 would be a mistake, though - its a $350-400 gun.

kh,

Summitgunbroker, a seller of used guns (mostly police trade-ins or estate sale guns) has a lot of used guns in stock in your price range. I've bought several from him and the service and product is top-rate. Check out his website at www.summitgunbroker.com. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Summitgunbroker, a seller of used guns (mostly police trade-ins or estate sale guns) has a lot of used guns in stock in your price range. I've bought several from him and the service and product is top-rate. Check out his website at www.summitgunbroker.com. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

German Sig P220 just over $500, depending on transfer & shipping costs, is a good deal.

I'm not trying to be rude but don't see how someone can answer your question as asked. If you were to handle some handguns to see what feels most comfortable in your hand, then ask about the ones you like then you could get much better answers. I love the Sig P226, it is my favorite pistol, but the grips are too big and my finger is too short for the trigger. So instead I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical with thin grips.

I'd vote for Ruger P-series for auto and ANY Ruger wheel gun. It would have to be REALLY USED not to be considered.

Back