Best trigger for Rem 700 SPS

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they were both the same trigger. I started another thread on the T/C Venture. swmbo is letting me spend some tax return money on a new rifle this year and I'm taking my time deciding what I want. I do know I want the .270 WSM. It's down to the Remington SPS or a Sako A7. I'm leaning strongly on the Sako A7. Don't like the looks (I know I'm strange) of the Savage, Tikka and also the Venture and Icon.

I have a friend who recently got an SPS and it had the "adjustable" trigger. Problem was they sealed all the adjustments with what amounted to clear fingernail polish. It can be cleaned off and adjustments can be made, just get a good helping of patience before you start and don't strip the small allen heads on the adjustment screws. (No I didn't strip the heads in his trigger, just didn't have the patience to mess with it and saw the potential pitfalls)

Aside from all that, the BEST trigger for a 700 is a Jewell. I have one in my 700 and wish I had one in every rifle I own.

I got mine from here: http://greatscottshooters.com/

He really does (or did) have the best price on these triggers at just under $200 and I had it in 3 days.

Back