Best Take Down Lever Action? Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Takedown

Amp

It was just something I noticed as I had another 44mag lever out there with me at the time that was hitting spot on.

It was not meant to be a sighting in as I did take it over to the 50 yard line to see where it was hitting that day and it was hitting low there also. But like you said a few adjustments and right on it was.

I am looking for some heavy 44 mag loads now but may have to load my own. This lever has a 1/20 twist where my buddy has a 1/38 twist and I want to see if it truly makes a difference in stabilizing the heavy loads.

Whats a good way to test this Amp?

For a test you would want to scope both of them and use the best rest you can put together, like a Caldwell Lead Sled, or just good bags. Then shoot them side by side, same day/ weather at 100 yards. I would load your own ammo as I was just noticing that premium heavy hunting 44 Mag ammo is over $60 a box for 20 rounds. Glad I reload.

In the latest Guns magazine, Tank Hoover tests some over 300 grain loads in a new 1895 Ruger Marlin, which is supposed to have the faster twist. They did well.

Back