Best shotgun to do SBS project?

Daewoo's USAS 12 select fire

I have, among others, Daewoo USAS 12, which is a select fire shotgun. If you are thinking hardcore stuff thats the shotgun to have. Come with 20 shell drum mag.

You can buy a 11.5 or a 14.5 for a Benelli, without any gunsmith fees!

...but you cannot install it without prior BATFE approval...

Also, Crosshair is correct. That rifle, with a shotgun and a rifle barrel, and with the barrels less than 18" but more than 12", puts it into the AOW category. That's by definition, and it has nothing to do with the buttstock. IIRC, somewhere, the ATF website even lists short versions of the Springfield M6 survival rifle as examples of an AOW.

ETA: I just found this from the BATFE website--->
National Firearms Act, 26 U.S.C. Chapter 53 -
The National Firearms Act provides for the registration, and the taxing of the transfer, of a class of
weapons described as NFA Title 2 weapons (sometimes referred to as "Class 3 weapons"). These include
machine guns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, silencers (also known as suppressors) and
also a class of weapons known as "Any Other Weapon" (AOW). An example of an AOW is, but not
limited to, a smooth barreled pistol or a short barreled combination gun

You can buy a 11.5 or a 14.5 for a Benelli, without any gunsmith fees!

Be sure you don't keep it in the same location as an unregistered Benelli, or ATFE will consider you to be in constructive (and illegal) possession of an SBS.

Take your pick. From the top, a 32" single shot, a 18.5" Remington 11, a 12" 870, a 8" single shot, and a 8" double barrel. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• shotguns.jpg
    shotguns.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,047
For the Stoeger SxS 12ga, I shortened the fore-end, shortened the barrels, made the stock into a pistol grip, and put a silicone rubber recoil bumper on the rear of the triggerguard. A video of it in action can be seen here, though the guy firing it hams up the recoil a bit. :D More than anything, it's a toy.

The Remington 11 was a beat up, cracked stock, dented barrel $150 special I found. I cut the barrel to 18.5", and shortened the stock about an inch past the action spring. It's about what Bonnie and Clyde used, and surprisingly it cycles just fine. While it does cycle fine, it's not fun to shoulder - if done incorrectly, you get a face full of receiver.

The most useful of all my short shotguns is the pump 870. Full stock, five rounds on tap, and you can aim very well. All around useful. :)

Back