best shotgun buy around $250 or less?

Wow that sucks, so you can't even buy parts to keep as spares.
It's really annoying because a simple part could take down the whole gun.. something like the extractor that could be swapped out in 15mins would probably take a couple of weeks.

did they say if they cover shipping? I'd be pissed if I had to spend 25 dollars (actually I have no idea how much shipping a gun costs) just to replace some small part.. would really defeat the point of a cheap gun if you're paying shipping all the time.

Is it covered for warranty forever? otherwise you'll probably be paying a smith fee too.

If I was in that situation I'd just look for used parts online and do it my self.

I think Savage makes a lot of stuff in Canada these days don't they?
I know the Mavericks are assembled in Texas but I think most or all the parts come from Mexico.

Oh my bad I've seen them in the shops and could have sworn they was savage also.

Not being made in the US wouldn't turn me off.
I've got a pair of 92's made by MKE (Turk gov. owned arms mfg)
and a Stoeger Cougar (Beretta subsidiary).

So the Turks can make a decent gun when they want to but I suppose it would depend on where in Turkey the 320's being made.

That might be why they're tight with the parts however, They probably don't have enough parts state side to supply the market.

i went today and found a great deal on a new mossberg maverick 88, i got the gun for just over $150 otd. it has the 28" barrel but i can get a slug barrel for it to deer hunt if the field barrel doesn't shoot them well. the guy at the shop said he uses his 88 28" field barrel to shoot slug to 50yds and does good so i'm hopeful. thanks everyone.

Like I said before, my 20 gauge Maverick 88 field does quite well with the smooth bore and rifled slugs at least out to about 70 yards. I haven't tried any further shots....yet, but that's at the range. I don't hunt with slugs.

You might try a gun auction. Go to the last hour or so of the auction when people are a touch worn down and a lot have gone home. Last auction I was at, during the last hour, I could have had my choice of a lot of nice pump shotguns for $200 or less.

Life is good.
Prof Young

you can check your local gun shops a good friend of mine picked up a litely used Mossberg slugger barrel $90 best part it was the smooth bore rifle sight no ports. I really wish mossy would stop porting every thing.

i went today and found a great deal on a new mossberg maverick 88, i got the gun for just over $150 otd. it has the 28" barrel but i can get a slug barrel for it to deer hunt if the field barrel doesn't shoot them well. the guy at the shop said he uses his 88 28" field barrel to shoot slug to 50yds and does good so i'm hopeful. thanks everyone.

The field barrel can shoot slugs - whether the choke works well with your choice of slugs is easily determined at the range..........

I shot slugs with my Maverick using the modified cylinder choke that came with the gun. It shot high with a 12-o-clock hold. Using a 6-o-clock hold, it does well.

Back