Best IWB for Commander

JJ45

There seems to be a lot to choose from. Comfort, of course is primary. For a Colt LW Commander .45 ACP

Also, a holster that shields the piece from the body if worn against the skin. It's Summer time ;)

Any suggestions would be very helpful, Thanks

Bianchi 100, size 14. Fits my Ruger Commander like a glove, very comfortable. You will forget you are wearing it. I wear mine at 3:30.

For maximum comfort and shielding the gun completely from the skin, I like N82 Tactical holsters, particularly the Classic model.

Blade Tech's IWB's work great, and are reasonably priced, especially when you consider their longevity.

I used one of their original IWB holsters for daily carry for about a decade with my Colt Commander back in the mid 90's, and I still have it today, and its still as functional as the day I bought it. That holster stopped my summer rust issues about cold too.

Their Nano is about the same holster these days. If you like AIWB, their Ultimate Klipt works great too.

I would look at Overland Gunleather. They have a pancake construction dual loop iwb that you can order rough side out and closed muzzle. That is the finest iwb that I have ever used.

I like it for how it carries. It holds the butt well to my body, doesn’t shif5 and doesn’t pull my pants down.

Check them out on Facebook or on their website.

Would have no idea what is best, but like Theis Hybrid iwb at 3 oclock with FBI tilt for my 45 acp commander and officer models. Officer model for warmer weather, and commander for rest of year. And wear one every day all day where legal.

Milt Sparks Summer Special II. It's the gold standard. I've carried the one below for years. And it has a sweat shield. Brownell's usually has one in stock.

R3RU8r0.jpg

I"m a huge proponent of the galco king tuk style holsters. Used one for the last several years recently switched to a holster from White Hat Holsters which is the same style. Switched because I added the TLR 6 light to my 1911s.

Seems Milt Sparks is highly regarded.....they offer two options for the Commander. A Retro model with a single loop and a standard with double loops. Can anyone compare the advantages of one over the other?

Also, any preference between the standard SS and SS2?...Thanks, any advice is sincerely appreciated, JJ

jj4 said:
Seems Milt Sparks is highly regarded.....they offer two options for the Commander. A Retro model with a single loop and a standard with double loops. Can anyone compare the advantages of one over the other?

I own both and the double is more stable. I also prefer the SS2 over the older variation mostly because I find it more comfortable.

Well, ordered a Milt Sparks SS II...straight from Sparks for $125 and ships free. I looked around but no dice. Brownells was out of stock for the Commander as was everywhere else, but I may have missed some. There are a lot of good holsters and pros and cons to everything.

Milt Sparks just happened to have it in-stock so I figured I get it now rather than waiting around or have one built by someone like Kramer...Thanks for the advice...JJ

I'm a big fan of Vedder LightTucks but for 1911's and HP's I like leather. My choice is Milt Sparks Summer Specials or SS2's. Classic pistols deserve classic holsters.:cool:

I like the Foxx IWD holsters. They have the leather backing and you can add a pad to it so the pistol stays off your body. And they also can form it for a light and or laser.

Milt sparks summer special is good, but i prefer their vm2.

A bit better stability.

I own vm2 clones for gm and cdr 1911s and a ss for oacp.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Back