Best handgun

Glock hands down!!

For a defense hanggun I would have no other! You can't beat it. Don't have to worry about learning different trigger pulls like you do with those DA, SA guns, it's reliable, tough and light weight. For those that say they are not as accurate as other guns there accurate enough to hit a BG at self defense range. If you want a target pistol get a .22.

All I know is that if I ever have to us a gun to save my like I don't want to have to worry about 2 trigger pulls, flipping a safety switch, all I have to worry about is aiming and pulling the trigger. Simple and effective.

Give me a Glock any Glock :)

Greeting's:

There really is no right or wrong answer to, "What Is The
Best Handgun". There are many different avenues of approach
to the final answer to this question. First, a person must
decide what is best for THEM; not for us on TFL. This will
comprise two groups of individuals: The Revolver Group and
The Semi-Auto Group. Then, and only then decide what the intended purpose (or use) of the gun will entail. Most likely, you wouldn't want to enter combat with a 8-3/8"
Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum; likewise you most likely
wouldn't hunt deer with a Ruger MK-II .22LR. Another good
question would be, is it going to be concealed? If the answer is yes, then that kind'a limit's ones options. First
purchase should be a training tool; such as a Smith & Wesson
model 17 or a Ruger MK-II, both are available in .22LR. Ammo is inexpensive, and you can shoot until you reach the required platform of excellence. FootNote: Don't start out
with a Taurus Raging Bull or Raging Hornet!!!

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I own guns made of metal. I prefer them to plastic. (I tried plastic, but it wasn't right.)

The very-best-in-the-whole-wide-world ONE gun is the 4" stainless GP100.
Simple.

Steyr M-357

I like the Steyr M-357 because:

It has a very crisp trigger, not mushy or creepy.

Very short trigger reset.

LOWEST bore axis of any autopistol.

They have a hard coat finish "Robo-Guard" "K-Kote" "Moly Coat"...(it's the same stuff and comes out of the same can. )over phosphate.

The metal has the tennifer surface hardening.

All the M-357's have entirely new trigger subassemblys and 5lb triggers.

View

Here is the trigger in the forward most position. It has half the trigger stroke of a Glock and feels like a single action on every shot.

It has an active saftey if you want to use it. ( I can think of a thousand reasons )

The grip angle is 111 degrees, just like a 1911. The gun has an even balance to it and the grip won't need a grip reduction.

It has less recoil than any 357 SIG autopistol

View

Look at this fully supported THICK chamber. This gun was designed around the .40/357 case. Most 40's are nothing more than a modified 9mm. Most 357 SIGs are nothing more than modified 40's. Chew on that for a minute..

Compare your Glock .40/357 chamber thickness to this. This thing is thick and safe and shouldn't blowup. (Like a Ruger)

Best of all it shoots the flat shooting, hard hitting, 357 SIG cartridge..

[Edited by STEYR M-357 on 01-12-2001 at 05:47 PM]

Back