Best handgun for a newbie

SR22 breaks down in seconds and is easy to re-assemble. It takes me less than 5 minutes to strip mine down, clean, and reassemble.

A Bersa Thunder is the easiest- simplistic pistol to strip & reassemble I've found. Plus it's DA/SA. Best of both. A nice gun at a low cost

I had years of good shooting with a ruger bearcat sa revolver before I eventually purchased a ruger mkI pistol. I have had several 22 pistols and revolvers over the years. Ive had a great time with both sa, da and semi autos. The ruger mkIII I have now is a great gun for target or plinking. I have a 5.5 bull barrel version and feel its got the best balance for rapid fire shooting. I havnt tried the browning buckmark 22 but have also heard its a great gun. There are allot of great ones. The $300 limit might be hard to reach even with the ruger these days. If you've a mind for a single action style a Ruger single six would also be a great choice and ammo will go farther. lol.

This may have been mentioned before but if you're interested in a single action 22 revolver the Heritage Rough Rider would be hard to beat. Nice looking pistol and has the optional 22 mag cylinder. I've had one for years and keep loaded with 22 mag shot shells for snakes & mice on the ranch

Back