Best Gun Show Purchases?

At a gun show late last year, I found a stack of Shilen Chrome-moly uncountoured barrels. Supposedly these were left over from a gunsmith's shop when he passed-away. The vendor wanted $50/each. I bought a .277 cal 1-10" barrel for $40. Why I didn't buy the rest of the barrels still bothers me. IIRC seems like there was a 6.5, .224, .458 & more. At this small gunshow, most shoppers didn't give a barrel blank a 2nd look. I sent the blank to Shilen & they contoured it for $45 plus $20 shipping. I haven't put it on a rifle yet but for $105 I feel like I did pretty good(?)

..bug :)

So in final answer you will never get a good deal at a gun show in Australia unless seller has a brain freeze or falls madly in love with you.... Haven't had either yet but here's keeping fingers crossed!

Did you try wearing lipstick, high heels, and a wig to the shows?

Can we manage the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread, please? I haven't issued any infractions, but posts have been deleted.

Thanks,
Spats

K31 with beech stock and tag for $89.95. It is in nearly perfect condition. I almost bought another one for the same price several months later, but bought a P64 for $169 instead. I like the P64, but looking back, I should have bought two more of the K31s instead. It quickly became my favorite rifle.

Traded a Remington 770 for her and a few hundred rounds of ammo

fryu9ifh.jpg

Bought the bayo and mag pouch later.

best buy at a show?

I have two of em, I picked up a Marlin 375 in 375 Winchester for $500; he had two and wanted $625 for the other one NIB, that was 7 years ago.
A couple of years ago I traded a HK-USP compact in 40 S&W for a pristine Smith & Wesson model 19 w/6" Bbl ( I only paid $400 for the HK) :D

I have not had good luck at gun shows. After making my impulse purchase, I did the research that I should have done before making the decision. That being said, my bet gun show purchase was a cornydog.

Back