Best factory trigger

I wouldn't have an Accu-type trigger on any hunting rifle, especially if it's to be used while wearing gloves. They seem to take up needed finger space in the trigger guard and I'd be worried that cloth gloves could hang up in the mechanism.

My pre accu-trigger Savage 110 has a great trigger. Smooth, clean and crisp. Combine that with a very accurate rifle chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and it is my go to hunting gun.

Savages are OK, much better than the Remington but IMHO that's not saying much. Ruger's have always been heavy and rough. Browning has a good trigger, just don't like their rifles. My Winchesters are decent, just a little heavier than I want. My nod for a factory trigger has to be Sako.

All 3 of my Accutriggers are great. What's not to like about them. Most recent is a Precision Target Accutrigger,Very sweet set up. Set it to what ya want and forget about it.

My Vanguard S2 has the best factory trigger I have ever tried. It has about 1/8 inch of take-up then breaks like glass at 2.75 lbs right out of the box. It is also very consistent; I tested it with a trigger gauge and it broke at the same weight five times in a row. I am partial, however, to two-stage triggers.

I had to get used to a Ruger 77 that had a 2 stage trigger. The trigger was almost as light as the take up, so I had a couple of premature discharges. It was very crisp, and had no back lash.

Some of the better factory triggers I've been around...

-Weatherby Mark V
Ruger #1 Varmint (Yes there are Ruger's with good factory triggers)
Shiloh Sharps Double Set Trigger (Regular around three pounds, set trigger at around 8oz)
-Accu-trigger specifically the Varmint and Target variants...
-CZ 453, 527, 550 Single Set Trigger

Here's my WAY MORE than 2 cents worth on "best factory trigger". FN SPR. Definately not a cheapo model, but you asked for factory. Mine shoots .023 with factory match ammo, and much tighter with good handloads. Have a Nightforce scope on this also which helps, but the trigger is FANTASTIC!
Ralph

Back