Best cheap range ammo 9mm

epl1007

I’m going to be taking a defensive pistol class with my G 19 gen 4 And was wondering what’s the best cheap range ammo to buy

I reload ...but based on results my buddies are having with retail ammo...stay with brass cases and I would recommend you look at case lots of Federal white box or Blazer brass.

check out target sports usa, when you buy in bulk and get free shipping it comes out to about 9$ a box for brass 9mm ammo, or check out a local wally world and sometimes they have WWB for about the same price

Winchester White Box is usually the cheapest brass cartridges.

Tul is steel cased. Some like it, some don't.

I buy a lot of bulk ammo. I shoot a lot of Freedom Munitions, Lax, Perfecta, Remington bucket. One of my favorite is American Eagle.
Freedom munitions is great for 380 and about the best place I have seen.
Best shipping and good deals is "Sportmen's Guide". And I alway's get free shipping as a member. I can also buy Bulk from Sportsmens and put in on 4 Pay which kind of gives me a budget to work with.
Freedom is on of the few that will not run in my LCR9mm. And sadly Freedom munitions can have horrible shipping times.

My last bulk purchase of 9mm was Blazer Brass & it's been just fine. I've also used Perfecta, Fiocchi, TulAmmo BrassMaxx, and WWB without issue. That's all through a Gen 4 G19.

Until starting to post here and seeing the ammo search sites, I have been buying exclusively from Freedom Munitions for a couple of years. Then I learned the same ammo is available from Ammo Valley even cheaper. You have to pay for shipping, but the price for the ammo is much less. I plan to search Ammoseek before succumbing to the next Freedom sale ad or ordering from Ammo Valley.

Bottom line: there is very good, very cheap ammo available, not necessarily famous brand. So many ranges forbid anything but brass, that is all I will buy anymore. I am not shooting out in the wilderness or on an outdoor unattended range so it matters what the rules are.

If you're not into boycotting Walmart(some are, and I don't blame them) they have federal and Winchester brass 100 round boxes for under $20, federal aluminum case for a little less than the brass, and Winchester USA forged (steel case) for $22.50/150 rounds. They have the best non bulk 9mm target ammo prices anywhere around me.

Not saying its the best or even the cheapest, but 1,100 rds of Wolf Polyformance steel-cased 9mm 115 gr. ran flawlessly and accurately through my Glock 19 gen 4 last year. I think it can be had for about $155/1000.

Just about any brand mentioned above, brass only. At this time you should be getting 9mm ammo for about $0.20/rnd. or less.

Provided your pistol functions reliably with it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with modern steel or aluminum case ammo. In fact, I can't recall experiencing a single malfunction with it. I'm finding Tula 9mm at my local Wally World for $7.76 for 50.

Blazer, Winchester white box, even the green Remington box ammo works well for me. I try to buy at .19/round or less. I haven’t shot steel through any of my Glocks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both a 19 and a 26, and they've never choked on anything. During the worst part of the ammo shortage I fed them reloads and Tul steel, and they ran fine.

I prefer brass, and prefer not to run reloads from unknown vendors. Especially now that prices are coming down to reasonable numbers.

Be wary of buying online. Ammo is very heavy and shipping costs can be substantial, wiping out any savings. I go to a gun show where a regional wholesaler sets up. Just got 1,000 rounds of Sellers & Beloit for <$0.20 per round.

You need to start shooting and find out what your gun likes the best. Some guns will not run certain ammo. I personally will not ever buy Winchester White. Just too many problems with all guns that feed just about anything. Tula max for instance may not run in you gun as well as you can see why from the Picture below.

n3Eidlq.jpg

I have both a 19 and a 26, and they've never choked on anything. During the worst part of the ammo shortage I fed them reloads and Tul steel, and they ran fine.

I prefer brass, and prefer not to run reloads from unknown vendors. Especially now that prices are coming down to reasonable numbers.

Be wary of buying online. Ammo is very heavy and shipping costs can be substantial, wiping out any savings. I go to a gun show where a regional wholesaler sets up. Just got 1,000 rounds of Sellers & Beloit for <$0.20 per round.
That could be the case, but it isn't with the cheapest suppliers. Shipping is either always free, sometimes free, always very cheap, sometimes very cheap, or standard price but the ammo is so cheap it doesn't matter. Freedom Munitions has cheap or free shipping a good fraction of the time. Ammo Valley charges more for shipping but takes that and more out of the ammo price. And so on.

Provided your pistol functions reliably with it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with modern steel or aluminum case ammo. In fact, I can't recall experiencing a single malfunction with it. I'm finding Tula 9mm at my local Wally World for $7.76 for 50.
Except most indoor ranges forbid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandolinMan

Except most indoor ranges forbid it.

I can only speak for the indoor ranges around me that happen to be fine with it.

Back