Best autoloading shotgun?

I love the Browning A-5. Great gun. Too bad they're not made anymore. This was one slick gun. You couldn't ask for better recoil than this gun. If I come across one, it's going to be mine. I've shot my uncle's A-5 several times and it is always a pleasure to shoot.

Mossberg Jungle Gun?

The latest Mossy catalog features not one semiauto, yet I saw plenty of Mossberg autoloaders in an in-store speical order catalog.

What's the deal?

Have both Benellis and an 11-87. If you are very sensitive to heavy recoil loads, go with the 11-87. I have the Special Purpose with 28" or 30" barrel (It's at my parents house at the moment so I'm not absolutely sure of the length). It is not problem at all (for me) shooting 20 or 30 slugs one after the other. Shooting that many through a much lighter 18" bbl Benelli would knock me senseless.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Benelli. If you think you might shoot extremely light loads, go with an M3 and pump them out if the don't cycle semiauto.

I like my Mossberg 9200 in Realtree camo. It cycles faster than any other shotgun I have fired, and the only malfunctions I had with it is with the pos Russian metal case ammo. They also jammed my Beretta A302. If you want one, get them quick, Mossberg discontinued them. It is similar to the jungle gun I believe, but for "sporting use".

The discontinued (sad, sad, sad day) Browning A-5 Light was a very reliable shotgun and well made.

The Bennelli shotguns are first rate. I have shot light (1-1/8 oz.) loads in my Super Black Eagle with no problems.

*Loads new Benelli M1*
*sights target*
*pulls trigger*
"OOOOOWWE!!!" "This thing kicks like a mule!"

My experience with my new M1...
I still love it however, and is the gun I'm reaching for in the middle of the night.

Beretta bought Benelli

Kernel:

Just a note to you. Beretta licensed Benelli to use their inertia recoil system.

Actually, Beretta owned Benelli shotguns division and divested itself of them just recently, I think last year, but not for sure on the date.

I've personally got a Beretta 1201FP3 that will handle ANY shotgun round made. Repeat any shell. I, too, am fortunate to have a reliable, right out of the box firearm. I would not give it up. If I can find another, I'll probably buy it.

Regards.

Do not only train, also teach.

Nightcrawler: They have all been discontinued, AFAIK. The fact it, though, there are still plently of Mossie autos in both dealer's and distributor's inventory. That's why they are still seemingly so available.

Back