Best 9mm or 40 S&W Pistol for under $400

I just shot my HS 2000 for the first time today. I can say that it is roughly comparable to glock. The barrel looks like it was a Sig Sauer copy (that is a compliment to HS). At less than $300 the few downsides are holster availability (they are out there but you have to look hard for them), and novelty (not a whole bunch of guns out there yet). I'll try to wear it out at the range but the fit and finish are pretty good (not quite sig or glock). Good Luck -Coug

Sticking with the new market, I'd have to say that your choices probably come down to the CZ-75B if you like the traditional DA/SA steel pistol and the HS2000 if you want a polymer, striker-fired pistol.

Heritage Stealth

small, slim, ok trigger, manual safety.
10 rounds in a shortened beretta compatible mag.

Factory reconditioned 9mm Glock 17's and 19's are running about $400 around here. Last time I looked a couple of shops were up to $409 and another around $389. An added bonus, one of the two magazines included is usually a factory, non-neutered 15 rounder.
Take Care

Rack up another vote for the Ruger P95. It's my carry gun -- I'm betting my life on it. That should tell you what I think of it.

Back