Best 9mm or 40 S&W Pistol for under $400

Ruger P-94 and P-95

Kahr E-Series new or K-series used

S&W 5906 or 6906 (New or used depending on desperation of seller and buyer)

Taurus PT-940 (40) and the 9mm version... I forgot the number designation.

Used Berettas (DAO's are usually significantly cheaper if you don't mind the action)

Used Glocks

If you need the websites for any of these, let us know.

Ben

CZ75B, hands down.
HS2000 is supposed to be pretty good too.
Then theres the used market, with FN Hi-Powers and SIG 226s from AIM.

HS2000 would be my vote. It also helps that you should be able to get it cheap enough to afford 1000 rounds of 9mm ammo from ammoman and still come in under $400.

CZ75B in either 9 or 40.

No question.

I own both.

The nine is the best value in handguns.

The forty has a different "feel" to it than the nine, but it's just as good a value.

The nine's more accurate for target shooting.

The forty's got more oooooomph.

I've owned the Ruger P-94 and the CZ is no doubt the more accurate, better feeling hand gun.

another vote for the HS2000. Less felt recoil, points great, very accurate FOR ME...also fits my hand very well, all for $279.00 w/ lifetime warranty.

Taurus PT940

Alloy frame, 10 + 1 round capacity, accurate (I shoot mine better than any other pistol I own - including my Ultra CDP), and the option of carrying:

1). Hammer down, safety off for an initial DA trigger pull.

2). Hammer down, safety on for an initial DA trigger pull after the safety has been switched off.

3). Hammer cocked, safety on "Cocked & Locked" mode for an initial SA trigger pull.

You can find these in blue easily for $350 - and with a lifetime guarantee.

The CZ-75B, the Ruger P-95, a refurbished Glock 17, or a used Browning Hi-Power can all be had for under $400, and some for much less. All will probably shoot as well (or better) than you can.

The CZ-75B would be my first choice for all-around shooting, and the Browning Hi-Power for concealed carry (although the difference in the size of the Browning and the CZ is not much.)

I have or have had all of the guns cited above, and now have a CZ-85 Combat. I prefer it to any of the ones cited above, but the Browning's a close second place.

Ruger P-95 for 9mm.
Ruger P-944 in .40

I live in SoCal and the CZ75 are priced above $425ea, I rather get two new 9mm Rugers for $275 each.

Back