best 9mm for wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you heart is just set on a 9x19 then go to a major gun store and at least hold the various models to see what might work. Personaly I would try renting or using a friends first.

I will also recommend letting her try out as many guns as possible. I did this when I first started to shoot. I tried out the Glock (can't remember which model), the Browning, the Beretta, and finally Sig Sauer. I eventually bought a Sig P228. It's a perfect fit for my hands, although I am not really petite. Any Sig you buy is very easy to field strip, unlike many Glocks, and 1911 style guns... I don't find the DA pull too much for me, and I have no trouble racking the slide on either my 9mm or my .45.

Good luck w/ your/her decision!

[This message has been edited by Darthmaum (edited September 10, 1999).]

I recommend the Glock 17. It has a small grip for women hand and also has the lighter recoil spring so it is easy to draw back the slide.

I use the G19. Like that it's easy to strip (not quite as easy to field strip as a beretta or sig, but much easier to detail strip). It's easy to shoot IMO (I use MMC sights and a 3.5# connector). I've owned 3 of them and all have been great guns. The smaller (or bigger) 1911s can also be decent choices. Get her what she shoots best.

------------------
Arizona Morgan, The Official Armchair Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back