Best .40 auto ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the USP .40 (Full Size and Compact), Sig 229 and Glock 23. You can't go wrong with any of those choices. They're all very reliable and accurate. It just depends which one you prefer.

As for reliability issues, Sleepy is absolutely correct. Every factory produces a lemon once in a while. I had enough feeding problems with my new Sig 229 that I couldn't trust it. I had at least 6 malfunctions per every 100 rounds. I bought the 229 because every other Sig I've shot was so reliable and accurate. I considered sending it back to Sig to have their warranty department check it out but instead I traded it for a USP .45F. I have no regrets about the trade because all my USPs have been very accurate and 100% reliable so far. I know that Sig consistently turns out an excellent product and they offered to make things right so I still recommend them without hesitation.

I own a SIG 229 and an H&K USP Compact in 40 S&W. The SIG is great..BUT if I had to have a weapon to depend on the H&K USPc would be it. Totally reliable, FULLY supported chamber ( important with the 40 S&W ) and engineered to run even when dirty.
Both guns are super acurate, but the SIG's tolerances are tighter which can work against you in the field. I also like the H&K safeth system better. I can use the same manual of arms as my 1911 guns.

HK all the way.

Ben

I own a SIG 229 and an H&K USP Compact in 40 S&W. The SIG is great..BUT if I had to have a weapon to depend on the H&K USPc would be it. Totally reliable, FULLY supported chamber ( important with the 40 S&W ) and engineered to run even when dirty.
Both guns are super acurate, but the SIG's tolerances are tighter which can work against you in the field. I also like the H&K safety system better. I can use the same manual of arms as my 1911 guns.

HK all the way.

Ben

I'd opt for the SIG 229 with night sights and short trigger. Sweeeet!

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Buy your self a G32, in .357 sig. Pick up a .40 barrel for it and start having fun. It will be reliable, and won't let you down. It is light and not that much harder to conceal over the G27. More controllable... Just my opinion...

NCglocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back