Berretta model 92 Pros/Cons

Sneevil....I read this a day ago but just now got to post. You have made me love my M9 that much more now! I even put the Glock 22 up to carry the M9 around since then.

Hey glockjeeper- You are the one I've got to thank that I'm a Beretta 92FS owner- remember your recommendation? Well you were right! I've cleaned, oiled and squirreled away my Browning Hi Power in favor of the Beretta.

Thanks again. :)

Hey Sneevil, no problem! I'm just sick of all the talk about Sigs, Glocks, and HKs all the time. Like the Beretta isn't as good or something. The 1911 wasn't all that either when it was first adopted, but eventually it got the chance to prove itself immensly(sp?). I would trust a Beretta out of the box without test firing before I would anything else. And I love 1911s, Glocks, and Berettas equally! Berettas are just soooo smooth!

Thanks for the info/ opinions...
I did end up purchasing the pistol and promptly went out to the range, I put about 150 rounds through it- several different loads- and it chewed them up without any trouble. The accuracy was suprisingly good (for me, anyway) and the recoil was much less than the Hi-Powers I was used to.
Where can a person find an owners manual for the gun?
Thanx...

Great info, Sneevil!

Thanks!

I just love my 92FS. Two things no one has mentioned yet. First, racking the slide is as smooth as glass, smoother than any other gun I own. Second, it's got to be one of the most beautiful guns made.

I have 2 Border Marshall's, which use the heavier Brigadier slide. Beautiful gun in all respects. If it's comfortable in your hand, get it. You won't be sorry for all the reasons mentioned above.

(Sneevil, great post... Thank You.)

Manny

BERETTAS RULE!!!!!!!!!

No really I have an Italian Made 92f that is the apple of my eye:) It does home defense duty.I have put about 4000 rounds of ammo thru mine. Not one jam,EVER!
I shoot this gun every week. Did I say I love this gun?:)
I'am only sorry I didn't get one sooner.

However my esteemed TFL colleges did a fine job of bragging about the Berretas virtues:)
45automan

How can a private citizen become proficient with a handgun and NOT shoot reloads???? Once a week with factory ammo certainly won't do it! Sorry, but buying ANY gun that won't accept reloads is not for me. Glock owners can buy a Bar-Sto barrel and use reloads! I reload for a 1911 and Sig 229 for all of my practice shooting.

Back