Beretta Pico questions

Pico is well made gun.

I owned a Pico for a year. I even got a laser grip and a flashlight grip for it. I sold it off because I just could not shoot it as well as I wanted too. It has what I would call a sloppy trigger. But a lot of people love their Picos and can shoot them well. Go for it.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I owned a Pico for a year. I even got a laser grip and a flashlight grip for it. I sold it off because I just could not shoot it as well as I wanted too. It has what I would call a sloppy trigger. But a lot of people love their Picos and can shoot them well. Go for it.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Sloppy trigger? On the contrary, I love the Pico trigger. There is no free play, deliberate and smooth all the way through. A trigger I feel totally in control of with each shot. Had it out Sat and again Sun. Always shooting targets in fast action. Again, a lot of ammo goes down range with the Pico each week. They can be very quick. A bad guy would do well to not underestimate the quickness of this this Little Snake.

I just wish the grip was slightly longer, or the pinky extension was a little shorter. I still rotate it with my LCP for pocket carry though.

I just wish the grip was slightly longer, or the pinky extension was a little shorter. I still rotate it with my LCP for pocket carry though.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Dremel can be your friend.

Well, my $190 Pico in Flat Dark Earth frame arrived today from Bud's! I've only dry fired it a few times but I'm seriously impressed with the build quality and how well constructed it feels. The trigger is great! I can operate it smoothly without pulling the sights off target. I'm also used to DA triggers and this one is honestly among the smoothest I've used.

Hoping to run some rounds through it tomorrow at the range. See if I can kill some index cards at 7 yards.

Has anyone put any rubber grip sleeves on a Pico, other than Talon Grips? I've seen Hogue stuff on LCP or other pocket guns and they definitely make them easier to hold.

Last edited:
Ran 100 rounds through it

Not bad! At 15' I could keep everything inside an 8" circle at a pretty decent rate of fire. Very easy to pull such a tiny gun to the side!

Had a lot of problems misfeeding the last round in a magazine. It would jam with the casing about halfway into the chamber. Also happened if I tried to load just a single round from a magazine. I cleaned and lubed it. Tried two different brands of round nose FMJ, Remington and Federal. About 50/50 on whether it would chamber that last round from either magazine.

One round actually had the casing peeled back from the bullet slightly.

Did anyone else have similar problems?

If I can get that resolved and practice a bit more I could see the Pico becoming a dress clothes, deep concealment tool. I'll probably never carry a gun this small unless I have to though!

Oh and the trigger on it is really good

Back