Beretta Neos

The gun I did find to be flimsy and toy like was my former S&W M&P 22C. I ended up selling it in favor of a S&W Victory...
I like my m&p22c. It is light, but after getting used to that, it feels good in my hand. Having said that, I haven't found the ammo it will shoot well. It's super reliable, but not very accurate. Honestly, outside of a shotgun, I expect some decent accuracy out of any gun I own. For that reason, I'm thinking about trading it off towards a Buckmark.

Ruger Mark II vs Beretta U22 Neos

My two cents:

I own both and can compare side by side. 6 inch Beretta U22 Neos and Ruger Mark II 6 7/8 inch tapered barrel.

y48hRWd

I'd choose Ruger, every trip of the train.

I love Beretta, and have others, but the trigger is crap. Most likely due to the striker arrangement. Really sad, because Beretta DOES know how to make a good trigger.

The first NEOS I took apart, and polished all of the mating services with a dremal, cotton pad and jeweler's rouge. I replace the stock spring with a trimmed down little light weight spring from a cheap lighter (Solar brand). Had proper diameter unlike the Bic.

It works better, but still has
1) gritty feeling,
2) long pull,
3) a little creep (which because of the arrangement, always resets when you release trigger pressure)

The break is a little better and lighter now. Still can't come close to the Rugers.

To be fair, I see used Mark IIs going for $4-500 or more on Gunbroker, and I picked these NEOSs up for $200 each.

The one other change I can make is add material to the firing pin, so the sear doesn't sit so deep. That would relieve some of the travel. But I don't know if it's worth the effort. I may just divest myself of it.

Last edited:
I agree on the trigger not being very good. I was looking for a Ruger 22 and saw the Neos brand new for $260 at the LGS so I bought it. Ended up selling it 6 months later and bought the Ruger MKIV I should have bought in the first place. Granted the Beretta is much cheaper and works just fine, it just wasn’t what I really wanted. One of the irritating things I discovered was no one makes a holster specifically for it, have to get by with generic ones.

I guess if I were to only have one choice the Neos would probably not be it. However, I like having a variety of guns and (along with the Neos) have a MKlll, an S&W Victory, and soon to be a Single Six Convertible. The Neos is still a fun gun to shoot in my book. ??????

Back