Beretta Model 1934

IMO the familiar red & brass or clear & red with spring, Italian made snap-caps are good.

I recently bought a 1935 7.65 Baretta and thought the red snap caps would be great, until the ogive popped out the front and the spring also stuck out, apparently the thickness of the plastic is pretty thin near the front. And to boot, I only dry fired it maybe at most 6 times when it failed.

I recently bought a 1935 7.65 Baretta and thought the red snap caps would be great, until the ogive popped out the front and the spring also stuck out, apparently the thickness of the plastic is pretty thin near the front. And to boot, I only dry fired it maybe at most 6 times when it failed.
I like A-Zoom snap caps after bad experience with some others.

Mine seems to be later war based on SN and lack of stampings. SN G36402 seems to put it at 1944 I believe. SN on one side and CAL. 9. Nothing but a small eagle stamp below the hammer on the other and a small BM near the lanyard loop.

Mussolini's Fascist Italy ended in Sept 1943. German forces were still holding northern Italy at the end of the war.

Get a magnifier and take a close look at the eagle stamp. See if you can tell if it is a Nazi stamp or something else. Be aware the stamp might be incomplete.

Unless the maker specifically states that dry firing will not hurt the gun, assume that it could. Using a good quality snap cap will protect the gun, from damage when dry firing, and they're relatively cheap.

Mussolini's Fascist Italy ended in Sept 1943.
Get a magnifier and take a close look at the eagle stamp. See if you can tell if it is a Nazi stamp or something else. Be aware the stamp might be incomplete.

The eagle on G36403 is an Italian air force eagle. I presume his is the same being just one number away.

UOAhUTul.png

I was raised to never dry fire anything.
Many firearms were designed to tolerate it, but with a 1911 you probably should keep dry firing below 10,000. (A joke, OTH I don't know that it would hurt a 1911).
Mu 1935 has the same airforce mark as Hawg's above. It's also marked 1941.

Hello all, I was the original poster of this thread back in 2015. Suprised to see this thread again 6 years later. Thought I would give everyone an update on my Beretta Model 1934. Two years ago I had my gunsmith install a complete Wolff spring set as the little Beretta still had the original springs after 83 years in service.
Suprisingly I didn't see any difference with the new springs but felt better knowing they were in there. Feed and ejection is and was 100% flawless. It will cycle any brand of 380 factory ammo I can find.
I still take the Beretta to the indoor range about every 2 months and will fire 2 or three magazines through it for old times sake. The pistol handles great with the only fault being about a 10 pound trigger pull. My uncle said that was to prevent the soldier from shooting himself drawing it from the holster in the heat of battle. Who knows...maybe so.
Sadly I lost my Uncle Billy in 2020 at the age of 95. We were close and I really miss him. I have many good memories and some revolve around the little Beretta he picked up in WWII. He served in World War II, Korea, and 2 tours in Vietnam before retiring in 1971 after 26 years service in the air force. I still fondly remember the times He would come in on furlow and ask me...want to go shoot the Beretta?
He was an outdoors man that put God, Country, and family first in that order. He was from the greatest generation in my opinion. I am now 67 and intend on keeping his Beretta until I am gone as it brings memories of my uncle every time I fire it. Hope you don't mind my rambling on...thanks.

Suprisingly I didn't see any difference with the new springs but felt better knowing they were in there. Feed and ejection is and was 100% flawless. It will cycle any brand of 380 factory ammo I can find.

I've only fired my 1935 (.32 ACP) about 10-12 shots since buying it, but we had 3 rounds that didn't fire, all have russian caps which I've heard are harder than US made caps.
I ordered a set of springs however and am on week 2 waiting, seems to be part of the anticonstitutional virus we all suffer from.

Back