Beretta 92 series

1992 Beretta 92 FS was the first centerfire auto loader I ever bought. Shot lots of M9s during my Navy days.

Good pistols.

All of this… pure filth. I am not the worlds biggest Beretta fanboy, but they make some nice firearms. I wouldn’t personally own a 92…. Maybe a 96, but those still look freakin sweet!!

I recently picked up my first Beretta 92: a 92G-SD. I've thrown a Langdon Tactical Trigger job in a bag into it, and like the feel.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it much yet, but it feels suprisingly good.

That said, I think I still like the feel of my Taurus PT99AF a bit more, due to the frame safety only.

BTW [Jetinteriorguy and Hawg], the PT99AF made before 1991 [or 1990?] is frame safety only.
After 1991, the design changed to decocker on all of the Taurus PTseries.

The difference in PT92 vs PT99 is not decocker, but adjustable sights on the PT99.

Taller front sight and adjustable rear.

PT92 is more like the Beretta front sight that is part of the slide.

1992 Beretta 92 FS was the first centerfire auto loader I ever bought.
I don't remember the year, but same here. Mine was a stainless steel version. I sold that gun after owning it for a few years, but I missed it enough that I finally bought another.

I recently picked up my first Beretta 92: a 92G-SD. I've thrown a Langdon Tactical Trigger job in a bag into it, and like the feel.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it much yet, but it feels suprisingly good.

That said, I think I still like the feel of my Taurus PT99AF a bit more, due to the frame safety only.

BTW [Jetinteriorguy and Hawg], the PT99AF made before 1991 [or 1990?] is frame safety only.
After 1991, the design changed to decocker on all of the Taurus PTseries.

The difference in PT92 vs PT99 is not decocker, but adjustable sights on the PT99.

Taller front sight and adjustable rear.

PT92 is more like the Beretta front sight that is part of the slide.
Nice to know, thanks.

Back