Benelli or Beretta

It's not that there isn't a lot of love for Benellis - it is just most here won't/can't drop the coin needed to buy one. They are excellent, and very reliable guns. that I see in the hands where I live of some very serious turkey and waterfowl hunters. When I shoot a semi, however, I am shooting clay targets, so I prefer the softer gas action guns like the A400 - but if I were again going after waterfowl and turkeys, a Benelli would be in the safe for those times.

I use a Benelli Super Sport model / have one in 12ga and one in 20ga....as a do most everything gun ( clays, birds, etc ) as a rain gun / or a travel gun ...or on days when my shoulder is bad. It won't ever replace my O/U's ...but it's a solid gun ( and I bought the 12ga when they first came out - maybe 10 yrs ago now ) ...and I'd buy it again.

An Inertia gun will never be as soft shooting as a gas gun ....but a Benelli with the synthetic stock - so it can have the comfort tech supression system in it...is a pretty soft shooting gun with moderate loads especially - and 90% of the time, I shoot the 12ga with 1oz loads at around 1225 fps...so they aren't howitzer loads.

I think Big D is right / price is the reason Benelli doesn't get more support on this forum ....not function.

Back