Belt fed .22 SMG

awesome

Now that would be a gun to own. I always thought getting something like, but now that I know its out there I am going to look for it.

How big is the belt on this thing since with that rate of fire you are hosing the rounds out like a 'laser.'

Only thing remotely close to it that I enjoyed was .22 skorpion.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

A friend of mine actually walked through Moron Grove, IL (with its handgun ban) with a Calico in a holster, while wearing a futuristic costume for a convention. Cops drove right by and assumed it was a prop.

sharpsrifle is correct it is a Williams lel-1 submachine gun

The gun you are talking about is a David marshall "carbine" Williams LEL-1 .22 belt fed submachine gun 2700rpm there is a great artical in the Small Arms Review July 2005 Vol.8 No.10 About the guns that he made. He had around 40 patents on guns like the model 7 and others
Sorry I was hoping to find some pictures on the net but I came up with nothing here are some links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CarbineWilliams
-Josh

I think it was in the Gun Digest of Assault Weapons. I had a copy a few years ago and tossed it. Looked like a fire extinguisher body with two vertical grips.

I recall reading an artical in the Machinegun News many years about the guns of Carbine Williams one of his inventions was a belt fed 22lr that looked very futuristic, I bet it was one of his guns.

Here's some photos from the SAR article

Attachments

• Wiliams LEL-1 pg2 001.jpg
    Wiliams LEL-1 pg2 001.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Willaims LEL-1 001.jpg
    Willaims LEL-1 001.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Williams LEL-1 pg1 001.jpg
    Williams LEL-1 pg1 001.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 137
Back