Belgium Bulldog revolver repair

since I pulled the rounds that came with this firearm and discarded the powder what would be a powder to reload? I have the Hodgsons triple 7 and Pyrodex on hand, called around and black powder is not common at least in my area, thoughts? I reload many handguns and rifles never this vintage of a firearm

"...a scraper blade..." Don't think that'd be spring steel. Hack saw blades are closer.
"...he was told..." Sounds like a case for, "Buy the gun not the story." snicker.
I think there's a how-to for picture posting somewhere on the main page. The trick is getting the right size. However, there are free picture posting sites where you can up load your pics and post the link.

I don't know if it would be strong enough but a blue steel binder clamp is pretty springy.
I think Wolff sells a few V springs for the purpose.

Scraper blades are good steel, not China made they bend Darn good as for hacksaw blades they are bi metallic so good steel laminated to soft backing. Main thing was making it work then make one correctly

Attachments

• DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Here is the resting lever milled on cnc use lathe to turn the boss and part off

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
another update, using a gauge made of aluminum I leaned to the 442 Webley, using 44 rem mag brass thinned the rim then cut them down to 0.70 long, made a mandrel in drill rod to swage out the diameter for the first 1/4 inch of the mouth to 0.435 dia

next made a mold for the lead to cast 0.436 to 0.438 dia with a slight taper on the rear and loaded up some test rounds using Pyrodex, actual weight of load 4.5 grains, the revolver fired great, cycled correctly and the hold off on the rebound lever performed flawless

have no data for the velocity maybe next time set up the chronograph this was simply a functional test, recoil was quite mild and easy to hold onto in alla fun sunday afternoon

Back