Being new to the world of 03 c&r what should I concentrate on getting right away

SKS's used to be a good deal. Back in 2002 a Yugo SKS was selling for $99 at Centerfire Systems in Versailles KY. Today I see the SKS going for $250 and even higher.

The ww2 guns interest me the most just thinking about what they have been through and where then it would be cold war soviet stuff
But that being said I’m also a stickler for accuracy if it isn’t accurate I won’t take it to the range and will just end up a safe queen and getting my c&r really devastated my bank account so until I start selling off some stuff I’m just looking for trades now and the next rifle will depend on how the Ishapor turns out
If it’s not accurate enough for me the next rifle will be a k-31 if it is may wait for a deal on a k-31 a Garand or something from ww2
I have wanted a Garand for years but price always kept me from getting one was thinking about getting the CMP special in 308 hindsight being 20/20 probably should have got the Garand first but spent a lot more than I planned on
Thinking that the soviet pistols were the best deals going on now and very limited space for any more rifles and I am just in love with the 7.62x25 picked up a TTC, M-57, CZ-52 think that’s all of them besides for the sub machineguns converted to semi auto also got a couple of makarov’s P-63 & CZ-82

Nice shot group gandog
How many yards was that shot at?

I would have just bought more expensive stuff and would still be broke
Picked this up today traded a bow for it. A .32 Beretta bring back
I had some doubts about it being a bring back because of the alloy frame and It’s stamped made in Italy
After the trade he told me all he knew was that his grandpa told him he brought it back from ww2
We made the trade at a gun show where I ran into a dealer I know and he thought it was a bring back
Might be broke but still a happy camper :D
beretta2.jpg

beretta1.jpg

Well think I was right about it being a post war
think it is a model 70
(xxii) so made in 1966
guess that means I dont need to enter it

Back