Bedside tools

LASur5r

Besides your handgun and maybe a long gun, flashlight, and cell phone next to your bed do you keep other "tools" besides your bed to help you out in an emergency?

Keep the mind out of the gutter, please...we know that some of you have handcuffs and other tools, but which ones do you have that are emergency tools? for the protection of your safety.

A small fire extinguisher for cars. Not to put out fires, though it will do that too, but rather to blast any intruders in the face.

I saw a 300 pound man fighting with 5 security guards at a car race and he was holding his own till one of them sprayed him in the face with one. He dropped like a rock, gasping and puking. Better than pepper spray!

$10, stops BGs cold, and can even put out a fire! Can't get better value for the money than that.

:p

I also have my Super-Duper Bad Guy Eradicator 3000 flashlight, as mentioned in previous posts. :D

And a disposable flash camera. Bad guys hate it when they get their pictures taken. Also useful in case the police should happen to "lose" any pictures of evidence that might exonerate you if things turned ugly and you had to kill someone. Doesn't hurt to have you own crime scene photos showing the knife in his hand. ;)

No gun though. :(

I'd also like to mention that the "other" bedside tools are very important for YOUR safety. After all, if she's not happy afterwards ;), you might not be very safe that night. :D

Para Ordnance P14 4 mags. Glock 17 4 mags. AR-15 6 mags. Mosseberg 590 w/sidesaddle. Combat Smatchet knife. Surefire Z-2. Cell Phone. Pepper Spray. Baseball bat. Sledge hammer, and a bunch of other guns, bladed weapons, and stuff. I am single and live in an apartment and while all my guns are in a safe it is in my room and if I am home it is open because I dont run the risk of having little kids get into my guns.

Hmm... Well, two flashlights, and a spotlight on the corner of the bedpost. Landline and cellular phone. S&W4013TSW and an spare magazine with loose shells ready for a third. Two escrima sticks by the door. And assorted fighting knives from Emerson, Benchmade, and CRKT.

And soon: SureFire M2 Combatlight, Mossberg 590A1, and MN44

The best defended house on campus! :)

My side of the bed:

Rem 870 w/ 7-shot ext., HK USP .45 Compact w/ 2 extra mags, Surefire 6Z, 1 big Great Dane.

Her side of the bed:

Mossberg 590 w/ 8 shot ext., Beretta 92FS w/ standard cap mag & 5 extras (and 2 low-cap extras as well!), 1 nearly as big Great Dane.

Available at will - Rem 700 .30-06, Marlin .45-70, .30-30, Springfield Ultra Compact Hi-cap & single stack, .41 magnum revolver, 2 .357 revolvers and a smattering of shotguns in assorted gauges and styles ranging from semi-auto to single shot. There's a few more :D but none that are kept as handy.

Kid's room's:

Boys' - Irish Setter that is very protective

Girl's - Weimariner that is more protective

Never thought about the camera or the extinguisher, but I like those ideas for both the kid's rooms and ours.

ERRainman

3 "D" cell Maglite, knob-headed oak walking stick, Mineral Mountain kindjahl, HK USP40 are all near to the bed. To be accurate, the kindjahl is hanging on the wall and the HK is locked in a pistol safe.

Good list. Hey, Mike in VA -- FYI, no one has to cut a phone line. Just take the phone off the hook downstairs or in some other room and you can't dial out. Cell phones with one-button dialing are a must.

Sig P239, Himilayan Imports BAS khukuri, phone, cellphone, Surefire Z2, 3D Maglight, mini-binoculars, Holy Bible :)

The gear changes occasionally. I just got an 18.5" barrel for the Mossy 500, but I haven't tested it yet.

A (light sleeping) cairn terrier, fire extinguisher and a 6D cell flashlight. The possibility of actually using the pepper spray, handgun or shotgun I keep in the bedroom are pretty remote. That little dog is the best warning system for fires, intruders, ... day or night.

body armor, to include side panels, trauma plate

and groin protector. If there's time to go GET a shotgun ,there's probably also time enough to at LEAST throw on a vest, and I'd choose the vest and a GOOD pistol, and electronic earmuffs, over the shotgun, no muffs, and no armor, any day.

A kindjahl is the traditonal edged weapon of much of Eastern Europe. They range in size form belt-knife to sword length. Mine is about the size of a gladius and was made by Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works in the mid-90's. It differs from a traditional kindjahl in that the handle is cord-wrapped somewhat in the style of a Japanese sword. I trace my ancestry to that part of the world (on Dad's side) so I wanted an edged weapon representative of it . I wanted one of better quality than the Indian and Pakistani dreck sold by Atlanta Cutlery, so this is what I got. It is a wonderful cut-and thrust piece.

Cell phone, three mag lights, six mideval daggers hanging on the wall, chain mail vest hanging above that, three bokkens in the corner, kitana on a shelf in the room, bo and jo staffs leaning against the side of the shelf, and a bastard sword hanging from the bunk above us.

And if I can get outside my room, they're REALLY in trouble!

"If grass could scream, I would mow the lawn everyday!"

Back