Bayonets, please join in.

Thanks Tidewater_Kid and eastbank. Looked at that site you listed Tidewater and the photos and description of the Swiss 1887 sawback bayonet match right down to the rivet count on the handle. I have very little non US military blade reference material so I thank you agin for the help. My google-fu is a bit weak and it can take me a good bit to find what I am looking for.

A P53 Enfield bayonet
1860 Springfield somebody cut part of the socket off of
A dug P53
A saber bayonet that I'm not sure what it fits but it has a large muzzle ring with a sight blade.
A saber for a British Musketoon.

A U.S. M8 and a Russian AK I use for dig knives for metal detecting. Not sure why I put the Cold Steel Tanto in there so just ignore it.

Some of these I've sold over the years but I still have some in my collection:

Finnish M35

Austrian M95

French Berthier

Gew88 Ersatz

P1907 for Mk3 Enfield

Spanish M1936

If anybody knows anything about this i would be glad to hear it. The only thing i know is the crest was supposed to be grinded off but it's still mostly there.

If anybody knows anything about this i would be glad to hear it. The only thing i know is the crest was supposed to be grinded off but it's still mostly there.

That bayonet is for an 1891 Argentine Mauser. It will also fit the model 1909 Mauser with a bayonet adapter.

Are you capable of giving me a ball park value? My grandfather got it for a pack of smokes years ago. He gave it to me and I've had it for about fifteen years (I'm thirty).

Back