Bay Area Shooters, check in

Glockster35

How many people on this board are located in or near the Bay Area.

I am located at Travis AFB, by Fairfield.

Anyone know of a good range in the area, for pistol 50-100 yards or so and rifle out to around 500 yards?

Where do you shoot your guns at. I can't find anything near here except the indoor range in Vacaville and the Yolo sportsmans ranges, near Davis.

I just recently read of a 500 yard range located in the Sacramento area, but I don't recall the source. Perhaps I read about it in the latest issue of the American Rifleman. You can always contact your local NRA chapter for information about the "longer" ranges.

Hi there Glockster, I'm in Vacaville. I currently shoot at the indoor range in Vacaville. I'll keep a look out for a good rifle range.
gman

I spend part of my time in the East bay and the other in San Diego...I was at the gun store the other day b/c I forgot my cleaning kit down south and overheard the workers telling a guy that the only real long range, range is up near the Sacramento area. Check out this site http://www.california.com/~jtchew/BAranges.html and scroll down to the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, I have never been there but I think this is what they where talking about...have fun.

-marc-

P.S. Here is the direct web site for the Sacramento Vally Shooting center http://www.commercemarketplace.com/shops/goshoot/index.html

Glockster35,

All the ranges of which I am aware in the SF Bay area (USI in Concord, Richmond Rod and Gun, Chabot in Castro Valley) max out at 200 yards. At some the 200 yard range is reserved for members.

Chabot is probably the best for target shooting and Richmond or USI for action pistol. USI requires membership/orientation class for use of action pistol range.

I might have to check into this range in SacTown.

I also ran into a guy who owns land nearby, and has about 100 yards for testing rounds. Won't do me much good, but it's free and is better than what I currently have.

Thanks for the posts guys, keep up the good work!:eek:

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center goes out to 1000 meters. You have to check with them about fees. It is open Friday through Tuesday but there are large shooting clubs that use it on the weekends. Check out their website as noted above and give Rich a call. They are located outside Ione inbetween Twin Cities Road and Jackson Highway (Michigan Bar Road).

Stay Safe!

Kirb:

Re: Handgun range.

The San Leandro Rifle & Pistol Range has indoor and outdoor facilities for $10, or $3.00 for members. Chabot is slightly more, but all outdoors. Bullseye is in San Rafael and sports an indoor range for $12 a pop. Of course San Leandro (50/100yd) & Chabot also allow long guns. S.L. might not be a good place for shotgun.

Suisun Here... I Shoot primarily at Yolo and sometimes at Richmond... A little IPSC and an ocasional 3 gun... Anyone shooting the Solano Targetmasters (Yolo) match on Sunday?

sidenote: I'll be going to the indoor range later today to droll over the Glock 35 they have... been saving up my pennies ;)

The Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun's pistol & rifle range is still closed. A NRA Range Evaluator has visited it & will be making recommendations which will be presented to the Club's attorney and then the Bd of Directors.

Ben V,

One of these days we will have to get together and shoot. Are you a member at Yolo? I have been there and it is a nice range complex. I just need to find someone that reloads .40 right now.

Glockster,
Sure thing hopefully I can get off of work more often so I can go out to Yolo during the week. I was there yeasterday (July 5th) with the guys from work and it wasn't that bad, a bit hotter than I like it but not too bad.

As far as reloads I don't have dies for .40 yet (don't have the need for a set) if you want to buy reloads try Load-X out of Santa Rosa there stuff in .45 worked great in my 1911. Great prices too. They're usually at the gunshows in the local area

Richmond reporting in.

I frequent richmond R&G most often..........followed by bullseye..............have yet to go to chabot..........heard good things though.

Off to hide from the politicians :D .

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!?

How about a Bay Area Range where you can - Shoot from the Holster, Shoot Multiple Targets on the Move, Transition from Pistol, to Rifle, or Shotgun. Shoot Steel, or Paper. Shoot from "Point Blank" Range Out to 100 Yards. Oh! Did I forget the "Shoot House"? Ya, two of them.

SHOOT TACTIALLY.

There is one. I think it's available to a select number of "Qualified Shooters".

I am not affiliated with the subject Facility. :confused:

PressCheck:

I'm confused. Are you referencing a previous post? Why list so many nice things without mentioning the range? Are we suppose to beg you for the name of the range?

I suspect that insurance and local P.R. keeps most ranges from giving us a more relaxed environment. I know that Richmond has Saturday IPSC competition. Really nice facility and the skeet over water is really refreshing.

I'm surprised we didn't hear from folks in the South Bay so I'm chiming in.

I live in Milpitas and there are two indoor ranges I use, National Shooting Club in Sta. Clara and Target Masters in Milpitas.

I've driven by the San Jose Municipal Range but I haven't had a chance yet to go in and take a look.

Anyone else know of ranges in the South Bay?

Back