BATF Slime Caves in Arizona FFL Case

RickD

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2346

<snip>
"On October 25, 2000, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sent approximately 30 federal and local agents in stormtrooper attire to confiscate firearms from a dealer who, according to what they told him, 'did not have his papers in order.'"
Arizona gun dealer Jerry Michel — formerly of Jerry's Guns & Ammo d.b.a. Specialty Firearms, no longer in business due to BATF assault, harassment and theft — has had all but a handful of hundreds of guns returned to him.

And he was never charged.

The federal machinegun-wielding, machinegun-ban-enforcing thieves known as BATF had the stolen property in their evidence room for well over a year, too.

To say that the BATF has egg on its face is an understatement. According to Mr. Michel's attorney, Dave T. Hardy, "the fact that BATF has caved in should speak for itself — they simply didn't have a case."
<snip>

Rogue ATF agents? Paid Treasury or Justice informants who are lying? Judges granting warrants on perjured eivdence?

Gosh, I've never seen this before!:rolleyes:

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
- Thomas Jefferson in The Declaration of Independence.

All but a handfull returned.
What is condition of returned guns.
They can never return the portion of his life that they took.

Good, but not nearly enough. Not near.

So much food, so few suidae.

Bluesman: Thank you Thank you Thank you...

From that same sacred document, how about:

"He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power."

Rings of an inherent respect for RKBA.

Thanks again Bluesman for reminding me what this forum is all about, and where we may turn for guidance.

If y'all get a chance, read the first 10 pages of Orwell's "1984" again, and if it doesn't send chills up your spine I'll eat my hat...

Is he by any chance going back into business? If this was properly publised, we could possible rally enough buyers to help make up for the lost year....

But but but...if we didn't have the ATF, who would 'save us' from the evil 'criminals' or better yet the evil 'terrorists' ;)

Under our (supposedly) Pro 2nd Republican administration, the funding for the BATF has TRIPLED. Can you feel the love? Ashcroft talks out his a** about how its an 'individual right', and then the stormtroopers wind up with increased funding.

Ya gotta love it don't ya? :p

Okay.

Action Item.

Send the KABA URL to every one of your favorite media outlets. Let's see if they have the 'nads to cover it.

Rick
PS, I did the "sent hither swarms" thing a long time ago, Mister Bluesman :p

And under Blubba Klinton, the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" became the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, Arson Investigation, Model and Experimental Rocketry Control, And Any Damned Thing Else We Can Think Of To Add In There."

That said, I'm impressed by our local office. Called them on a question, and the agent quoted chapter and verse, and said, "Not a federal issue. Contact Detective Smith at your local PD at 555-1212 to get that addressed."

Apologized for not being more helpful and commiserated with me as to how complicated the law is even without idiots running things.

PLEASE! Hire 10,000 more like that and fire the creeps.

(Then disband the agency as they retire.)

He is selling his guns at just about every non-urban gun show in Arizona, and he has no plans to renew his FFL.

The condition they were returned in was... far from ideal.

He has been told by a reliable informant that during their internment in the ATF warehouse, one agent was seen at the local range on several occations shooting one of his (Jerry's) finer weapons, and fishing...:mad:

All I can say at this point, aside from the above, is that this is not over.

You will be updated as the events unfold.

Until then...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
- Thomas Jefferson in The Declaration of Independence.

Or at least they didn't......

Make him stand outside his house in freezing weather with only lite clothing saying, "no we don't have a warrent, but we'll go get one, by the way you'll have to stand outside here till we go wake a judge up to get the warrent, shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 hours........ ":mad: :mad:
When in the course of human events.....

Even though this one battle was considered a "win" for us, there is undoubtedly scores of people whose lives were ruined due to unscrupulous ATF and other LE actions through capricious asset forfeiture laws.

Michel lost his business and probably a lot more liquid capital to pay for his legal fees. An ordinary citizen would have a significantly less of a chance to do the same. There would be no recourse whatsoever for a guy like myself, or a multitude of other gun owners. And god forbid if your job is in the military or some other blue collar profession with a family to support.

The first thing that sprung to my mind when I read the headline:

44996main_slime_banner.jpg

Slime Caves

Back