BAR or other semi-auto - how much accuracy loss?

I am QUITE intrigued by a pump gun in .35 Remington (the 7400) - the reliability of a manual repeater with almost the speed of a semi-auto...hmmm. I know that Remington also offers the 700 CDL in .35 Rem as well. Thanks again all.

Bar

Firstfreedom;

Gotta put in my 2 cents worth. I had a Mark II BAR in 300 WSM. Don't know if it was that short cartridge or what, but it didn't feed worth a crap. The recoil from the first shot would actually knock the second cartridge out of the magazine! So it became a single shot rifle. I was unhappy with it so I traded it for a Winchester Model 70 [bolt action, course] in 300 Win Mag and I am just as pleased as puddin with that gun. I don't see what advantage a 3 round autoloader would have in the field over a bolt action. I wouldn't buy another BAR in a short magnum cartridge, or any magnum cartridge. Recoil was not punishing because of the Pachmyer recoil pad but the gun did not seem capable of functioning properly with magnum recoil. Maybe the boss system is the way to go with this gun. Mine did not have it.

Back