Ballistol video - any truth in it?

can one use ballistol with boresnake? like sprinkling your barrel and cylinders with ballistol and running boresnake afterwards through them?

Ballistol is most good for black powder guns, it's great because it mixes with water and the ballistol/water solution cap be used to spray down and wash out the black powder residue. When the water dries, it leaves a light coat of protective Ballistol on the metal.

It's almost indespensible!

I got to hand it to the guy tho. hes got like 5 more videos trying to prove his point.

I didnt have time to watch them all. Nor the interest.

I can assure you that Colt's electroless nickel has a copper layer under it. We built three raceguns at the same time from stock electroless nickel Colts- and there's copper under there...no fun to get out of all the corners.

The Balistol Story

http://www.ballistol.com/about-us/

The oil is biodegradable, is useful to protect wood and leather.
Been around since 1904.
Good stuff and really good for cleaning up black powder weapons.
One drawback tho. It STINKS. I spilled a small amount in my garage and it
killed bugs, spiders, & such.:rolleyes:

I could only stand of few seconds of that video, and I was torn, because that revolver looked good to me.

I am glad TFL has the talent to straighten this out and I don't have to do anything.

I put Ballistol on my Luger to make it smell authentic.

Been using it for years now without any problems. All types of finishes, nickel plated, stainless, blued, you name it. Love it for black powder, mix 50/50 with water and use a pump spray bottle to spray down hard to reach areas. Keeps wood and rubber butt plates looking spectacular. Glad my ignorance helped me find a great product.:D
Smells awful but eh, what can you do?

Ballistol is a wonderful product -- I've used it for years on ALL my firearms.

Like fluoride it ought to be put in our water supply !!! Ha.

David :)

My only gripe is it stinks and yet somehow that smell grows on you...

Use it as directed and there are no issues. I have been using it for years on my nickel plated Springfield 1884 TD.

Slather? Really?? I concur with the total loss of credibility when the fbombs cames out.

Ballistol is great. I even found a new use for it recently. I'm a sax player in a band. A couple of weeks ago we played an outdoor show and got caught out in the rain. Saxophones don't like that. Toward the end of the 3rd set one of my keys starting sticking open. I was all out of key oil so as soon as I got home I took the horn out of the case, dried it down real good and sprayed the sticky key with Ballistol. It immediately started working normally again. The horn is a very nice 1931 Conn and I would never try something like that if I didn't have complete confidence the Ballistol wouldn't hurt it.

Back