ball patch ?

Linen has a lower thread count than cotton because the threads are thicker. Linen is stronger and wears better than cotton. Linen sheets last a lot longer than cotton sheets and get softer with age.

I bought a set of 1500 TPI pillowcases on closeout at Walmart because I couldn't find fabric locally with that high of a thread count.

flax is a natural fiber basically more common in the old world than here in the USA
Here Cotton is prevalent and linen is made from cotton, clear back to the Egyptian days.

linen also comes in different thicknesses.

cotton,linen, denim etc is measured by weight.
they increase the weight two ways. using a thicker diameter thread, or weaving it titghter with more threads per inch.
Try your bed sheets ( all cotton ones) they make good patches
very lightweight blue jeans (like for toddlers) will also work
Image result for linen is made from the flax plant
Linen fabric is made from the cellulose fibers that grow inside of the stalks of the flax plant, or Linum usitatissimum, one of the oldest cultivated plants in human history. Flax is an annual plant, which means it only lives for one growing season.
How Linen is Made – Deck Towel
Deck Towel › pages › how-linen-is-made...
https://www.decktowel.com/pages/how-linen-is-made-from-flax-to-fabric

Best stuff i've found is unwashed cotton drill cloth. The patches are cut about 1 1/4" square. My patch lube is GoJo hand cleaner.

Lately I have been cutting patches from the cotton duck bags that Lawrence Magnum Shot comes in, because I have so many of them and I hate to just throw them away. It's tightly woven and about .025" thick so I use a .350 round ball instead of a .360 in my GM .36 barrel.
I have to start the ball with a small mallet but the load groups very well and recovered patches from downrange show absolutely no cutting or burn through.
Can't beat the price (free) if you reload a lot of shot shells like I do.

Back