back to irons on my 44 mag lever gun

stagpanther, look at my post and your's. You said, "AFAIK you can't put a tang mount on a rossi model 92 without some drilling." That blanket statement on all Rossi 92s is patently false because they include a d&t second hole in both the rifle and short rifle versions.

Note I specifically said you could in those 2, not that you could in all Rossis, just those 2 versions. Precision, stagpanther. It's what makes you look foolish when you ignore it.

stagpanther, look at my post and your's. You said, "AFAIK you can't put a tang mount on a rossi model 92 without some drilling." That blanket statement on all Rossi 92s is patently false because they include a d&t second hole in both the rifle and short rifle versions.

Note I specifically said you could in those 2, not that you could in all Rossis, just those 2 versions. Precision, stagpanther. It's what makes you look foolish when you ignore it.
Orrr--I could argue that logical precedence is set in the argument by my establishing the thread specifically to my 16" carbine, which is a subset of rossi 92's, and therefore the assumption being that I was talking about my particular rifle.

But I won't--you're right, I am foolish. ;)

Color me foolish as well Stagpanther, I would have assumed we were talking about your rifle as well...:D.
I am thinking about replacing the safety on mine with a peep sight from Steve Gunz.

several years ago i had cateracts removed and lens replaced and now at over 70 i can again shoot regular open sights. i still have and use tang sights, but it nice to be able to use open sights like i could in my youth. eastbank.

several years ago i had cateracts removed and lens replaced and now at over 70 i can again shoot regular open sights. i still have and use tang sights, but it nice to be able to use open sights like i could in my youth. eastbank.
Finding a good doctor--much less a good ophthalmologist-- these days is as hard as hitting a plate at 1000 yds with open sites--I keep looking but always end up paying tons of money on useless visits with docs who probably don't know how to change a flat tire.:mad:

Also had cataract surgery. Put the Williams peep back in my Marlin 44 and good to go. Talk around to same aged friends and pick your surgeon. (did do just one eye in case they screwed up).
attachment.php

Attachments

• marlin rear.jpg
    marlin rear.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 46
Back