Back from the dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political doom and gloom rants aren’t very productive. I’ve made quite a few of those rants in years past, and I was wrong about many of them. I like the rules even though I’ve gotten a couple of infractions here. I’ve gotten older and my views have changed somewhat. I would prefer just firearms discussion now.

As far as I know, Falfiles is still the wild Wild West of gun boards and should have any flavor of thread that you like. I haven’t been over there in a couple of years though.

The fact that the forum is seeing less activity is not the fault of TFL, it’s the result of other mind numbing social media. In my opinion, big-tech social media has been harmful to humanity considering all things, more of a net result.
There’s good and useful things about big tech social media as well.

I'm just here to say that I never thought I would pull up TFL in 2023 and hear someone say they missed posts by playboypenguin.

I don't. Place got better when he left.

Sevens said:
I'm just here to say that I never thought I would pull up TFL in 2023 and hear someone say they missed posts by playboypenguin.

I don't. Place got better when he left.

I sometimes learn more debating someone that has far reaching opposing views despite the constant childish cartoon posts. Has nothing to do with missing him despite having fun poking the bear with a stick.

I'm sure there is a term for his routine shtick but he would open new conversations like he was setting traps, post up something that most of us could see a block away and in a manner tactically to elicit a particular reaction -- he would predictably GET that reaction, and then he would go to work being himself.

Eventually he moved to YouToob and he's a fantastic example, both then and now of precisely why YouToob is of low value to me.

These are merely my opinions, and it seems that he does extremely well on YouToob so good on him. TFL and playboypenguin...? Addition by subtraction! He never found his core audience here. But whack 30-40 points off the average IQ of the audience and success!

I got infraction point for "bickering". That surprised even myself. I wasn't happy about that. You house, your rules. I get it.

I'm still here.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back