Baby Browning!!!

Anyone that knows the internals can it be safely carried chambered[?]

This question cannot be categorically answered, since "safely" is not (and likely could not be) sufficiently defined.

That said: the Baby Browning has no striker block mechanism. This makes it theoretically vulnerable to a "jar off" if dropped. I have a BB, and I not only actually shoot it, I also reload for it! It has never jarred off, but then I have never dropped it. To steal a line from Paul Harrell, "You be the judge."

( I will note that reloading for .25 ACP could be considered "unsafe," at least to the fingers that get pinched while running a round into the seater die.)

$350 for a well worn one with rust/blueing issues. Run of the mill seems to be $400-500 range. In a condition like jar's, I'd expect $500 range. Not perfect but no major cosmetic flaws.

$350 for a well worn one with rust/blueing issues. Run of the mill seems to be $400-500 range. In a condition like jar's, I'd expect $500 range. Not perfect but no major cosmetic flaws.
I should be in as good shape at 106.

I remember as a kid, reading in a 50's Men's magazine my Grandfather had laying around his saw shop, about a riot in a prison, supposedly a true story, written by the then retired Warden. The Warden was carrying a Browning .25 as last ditch weapon as he was trying to talk to the ringleader. At the time, I remember thinking a Colt Official Police or S&W model 10 in .38 Special would have been more comforting.
Those little .25's still have some zing to them, although I prefer something bigger these days. Three decades ago, I used to have a Beretta .25 tip up barrel, I kept it loaded with hot Geco hardball. Wished I had kept it. A cool little weapon. A Browning .25 would be even cooler if I saw one at a good price.

Last edited:
My Browning .25 has Colt written all over it :) I also have several Star CO .25 pistols that are well made and accurate...all steel and sell for less than a Baby.

My PSA is every bit as good as the best out of Belgium, and I for one have zero tolerance for antisemites. Green beret people like you give the rest of us a bad reputation!

I'm blessed to own most of the guns mentioned here, an FN baby, PSA, Bauer, Astra Firecats and Cub. Many others as well. I enjoy them all.

( I will note that reloading for .25 ACP could be considered "unsafe," at least to the fingers that get pinched while running a round into the seater die.)
I use a Progressive press but had to alter a shell plate made for a 45-70's to accept .25 ACP shell holders that I modified to fit into the 45-70 plate. This works surprisingly well. I get about 200 per hour because they do require more care loading, so it's a lot slower than loading .45 ACP.

One more baby Browning . . . .

At auction last weekend yet another Baby Browning and it went for $650. I bought a Bauer, which is a Baby Browning clone as the same auction for $200. See thread called "new range toy."l
Life is good.
Prof Young

PSA is the successor to PSP. When I got mine, I was told that the copy was made under license with FN. I believe parts were interchangeable. Mine worked flawlessly. After I got my LCP, I foolishly decided I didn't need it anymore and traded it off.

Bill and silvermane, I was referring to my 1908 Colt (Browning designed) pistol as well as my Spanish iron, the Star CO is a more pleasant pistol to fire and more accurate to boot. I always meant to get a Colt Jr or Astra Cub but a nice one never was waved under my nose.

Back