Az Lion Down!

Wow brother! You the man!
That is a true trophy right there!
Nice job! What a beast!
I can't wait to see the mount! Have you picked out the pose yet?

Nice cat.

I've heard from many people that the meat is some of the best game around, hope you ate it.

You thought that was a bobcat?? Know your target prior to shooting

Grizz, the meat is very good.

I identified the target to legal animal. I carry a lion tag every year with my hunting license. Had I not been able to shoot a lion, I would have looked at it harder because while bob initially came to mind as the more common cat, I could tell something wasn't right before I pulled the trigger. As it leaped up I was still surprised to verify lion but there was also a confirmation of my suspicion. I was sure it was a legal animal before shooting.

I was still pretty excited when I typed the initial writeup and didn't draw out my entire thought process as thoroughly as I could have.

We have them here. But I never have seen one when out and about. Given some thought after seeing their size here~~~ Uff-Da!!>I'm glad I haven't.

Curious how much ($) to have a taxidermist do what they do for this size of animal? (if you don't mind my asking sir)

Gee's that's a big cat. Your the MAN on this occasion. No doubt about that.

Yup ._Congratulations are indeed deserving. You got mine huntinaz._:)

I didn't price a full mount, the rug mount for this cat was right at $1k. Was like $235/ft head to base of tail, mine was 4.5'. I measured nose to tip of the tail for grins, 88".

Gotta wait about 6 more months though: (

That is a hell of a cat! Mt Lions do not exist in VA according to the VADGIF yet many have been spotted or caught on camera just miles outside of my town.

The VA DGIF says that lions have not been confirmed in the state of VA, not that they do not exist. Seems like a critical difference to me.

Are you planning on eating it? Let us know what it tastes like. Im thinking that some stir fry or chop suey might work. lol
Nice to see the girls out there with you.My 10y/o daughter gets her license this year. No lions in NJ.
Beautiful lion. Nice job

Back