Availability of Mosin rifles

As I said- I passed on info direct from their marketing gal, who's normally in a position to know & who has no reason to fib. :)
Wait & see what actually turns up.
Denis

Cabela's in Rapid City has racks of them, and more in the ware house.

The prices have gone up, $199, (but so has everything else) but they have them.

The supplies could dry up, depending on what happens Dec 14 when the UN Arms Treaty takes effect.

We (the US) didn't sign on with the treaty, but we will never know how it will affect importation for foreign surplus rifles.

Anyway if you want one, go to Cabela's. I don't see need for panic buying now. Yeah everyone should have one, I do. but I'm not gonna lose any sleep worrying about them being gone.

The Cabela's in Delaware has a few dozen as well. They are constantly on GB, Auction Arms and other sites. You may not see them from the wholesalers, but the millions that have been made and sold will be showing up as private sales and in auctions for years to come. Just have to look for 'em.

Finally picked up the hex today, a 1925 that turned out to actually be in excellent condition, matching numbers.

One of the best stocks I've ever seen on a 91/30, almost no flaking varnish.
Tight headspace.

If they get any more like this one, worth pursuing.
Denis

Thousands, but nothing of this gun. :)
It'll show up in a Kindle project when I can get to it, nothing till then.
Denis

The cabelas in east hartford had them for 139 a few
Weeks ago and i bought three from classic firearms
In august a 1943 izhevsk a 1944 tula and a 1945 m44
They also had 880 round crates for 189 as for them drying
Up im not so sure century j&g and classic seem to have
Them the cost is just up

I had to laugh at the gunshow this weekend. ATI stocked 91/30s were being listed at $250 and up, a type 53(albeit a pretty one) was priced $215, and various 91/30s in varying conditions were listed starting at $220.

and none of those were as perty as my 44 izzy 91/30 that I got for $125 2 years ago.

Email from Century this morning said they haven't had anything come in (Mosins) for a while, but if there's a chance to buy any they're sure they will.

That was in response to me asking if they'll be getting more in.
Denis

There are still WAY too many Mosins clogging up Gunbroker. Try doing an "el cheapo" search to find deals under about $200 and you'll find the entire bolt-action rifle category clogged with Mosins.

Buds is still selling Century imported 91/30's for $149, shipped...

That's equivalent to $125 for the rifle. I've bought a couple from Buds, excellent condition refurbs.

Back