Attempted Home Invasion in Antioch, CA

I have heard that on most home invasions, that the homeowner knows either the perps or the perps friends, How do statistics back this up? Is it true?

Lincoln5: Just the fact that the intruder attempted to enter the dwelling "armed" and was shot with his own weapon makes the case
cut and dry, even in Calif. If the homeowner would been using
his own weapon on the perp, he may have been charged in Calif.
with a crime, at least initially.

Certainly would not help me if I had been visiting this homeowner. I might have been in a lot of trouble, since to start with Calif don't recognize my Texas permit. And then if I used the weapon I took away from the Perp, and not carrying mine, I would have probably been charged for shooting an unarmed perp since at that point he was unarmed. :confused:

Edward429451 said:
I have heard that on most home invasions, that the homeowner knows either the perps or the perps friends, How do statistics back this up?...
AFAIK, there are no statistics on the question.

Where did you hear this? From a reliable source with some evidence to back him up? If not, there's a good chance that it's not true.

TexasJustice7 said:
...I might have been in a lot of trouble, since to start with Calif don't recognize my Texas permit. And then if I used the weapon I took away from the Perp, and not carrying mine, I would have probably been charged for shooting an unarmed perp...
Probably not. You're apparently not familiar with California law. See post 6.

With all the restrictions in CA, at least here I have the right to have a gun in my own house. Not the same in MA for instance or NYC. I can buy and own the guns I need and if someone does get into my house, I can defend myself and my family. That is not true everywhere in the US.

Back