At The Range in the Mojave Desert

I kinda think maybe R & D maybe didn't harden them properly. I'd give them a call and see if they have had this problem before. I think you can remove them and replace them, R & D just might send you new ones for free.

Take the cylinder out of the gun,(not an easy thing in that Colt) drop the hammer (easily of course) and measure from the recoil shield to the face of the hammer. then place the cylinder back in the gun and measure from the recoil shield to the good pin. Subtract the two dimensions one from another.

Now depress the good pin and measure from the recoil shield to the pin. Third dimension should be larger than the dimension from the recoil shield to hammer face. . If the dimension from the recoil shield to hammer face is greater than the dim. from recoil shield to end of depressed pin. there is your problem. and the pins are too long.

That ought to keep you busy for a while LOL

I've aready done that, LoL , in the full back position they extend about .050" past where the hammer stops at the frame and the hammer full forward extends past the frame forward about .25-.30. So what I think I will do contact R&D ask them about my problem and see what they offer. Keep cleanin up these pins leaving the one chamers pin untouched (as new) and keep shootin it and taking jewlers files and fine polishing stone to the rest till i stop havin to do it...then wait for or buy a new set o pins whatever I get back as a fix from R&D.
Good plan, ya think?

Back