At the Pawn Shop today

Prices have risen a lot on these over the last couple of years, and they are also not that easy to come by- so I think you did fine. Enjoy!

I still gotta figure out how to size the pictures to post them. Just put old style grips on my GP-100 to go with the rifle..... Yeah i need pics.....

its amazing how fast I went from "Modern Tactical" to old fashioned. Pretty much the .357/.38 Revolver and rifle combo will do about anything i want to do with them. For anything else theres my 1903 once I get the scope remounted.

I am there with you Ferretboy.

I got the old west bug these days.

I have a Blackhawk in .357mag my old man passed down to me and I figure if I get a lever gun in the same caliber and a decent .22lr pistol for rabbits then I can go kicking around the Arizona desert and I'll be able to deal with most anything I might walk up on.

I was very tempted to go .454 Cassul with some .45LC rounds as the primary staple. Rossi makes the lever gun in .454 and a Ruger Redhawk would make a fine hogleg as the companion. But that is a pretty expensive combo. Of course you could reach right on out there a ways with the Lever gun and .454 loads.

The way my eye sight is if i cant get it in 100 yards or less, I am probably not gonna get it at all... so a .357 mag combo works well for me, I got the Winchester and a Ruger gp-100 6" to pair it with.

You'll like it, never mind the naysayers, shoot it and enjoy.
That's a great lookin rifle, I like the curved lever. Congrats!!

Found out the magazine holds 14 .38 specials, thought they are harder to load than the .357 Magnums, case length maybe? Going to the range Sunday hopfully. I just cant wait to shoot it, Gods its gonna be great.

Which LGS did ya find that winchester in? Just wondering, got tired of the local pawn shops years ago. Seemed every time I went in em, everything was overpriced and wore out. Maybe, I went in em on the wrong day? Have been going to Four Corners or a little up I-5 the last several years. Just wondering..:confused:

The new Pawn Shop on 14th here in longview, next door to the GoodWill, they dont have a huge selection yet but they seem more reasonable than most, plust I hang out when I can at Gators Custom Guns in Kelso, if he aint got it he will try to get it, at a lower price than the other shops. Hes under the old bridge on 1st if you havnt been there.

The pawn shops around here seem to want an arm arm and a leg for everything and most of it is junk. One did have a model 70 in .375 H&H with a scope in nice condition, but it was more bang than I want and at $1500, more than I can afford. They also had a Ruger Blackhawk in .44 mag for $700, which also seems a little steep.

Back